CBFryman

I Think My SQ will be improving

To set your gains with the CD3434, volume 78 is your MAX with the NF preouts on +11.

Anything higher and the deck clips. All verified with my scope. 0dB 1K Hz tones, and my CD3434.

for the NF preouts that might be correct, i never tested them. but it clips at 69 (nice number,eh?) if you use the highlevel outputs. 1kz tone, no scope. but you could hear the difference..lol....

what i did, since i didn't amp my highs, turned up the volume to 68 (just before it would clip the highs), turned the NF up to 16 and then set my amplifier.

if he amps the highs and uses the preouts for the front and rear, i don't have any idea where it will clip.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

To set your gains with the CD3434, volume 78 is your MAX with the NF preouts on +11.

Anything higher and the deck clips. All verified with my scope. 0dB 1K Hz tones, and my CD3434.

for the NF preouts that might be correct, i never tested them. but it clips at 69 (nice number,eh?) if you use the highlevel outputs. 1kz tone, no scope. but you could hear the difference..lol....

what i did, since i didn't amp my highs, turned up the volume to 68 (just before it would clip the highs), turned the NF up to 16 and then set my amplifier.

if he amps the highs and uses the preouts for the front and rear, i don't have any idea where it will clip.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

mine are all verified with an oscope and 0dB tones from the AutoSound 2K disc.

The deck clips(all preouts with the NF on +11) @ volume 78;)

I've tested it numerous times just to be sure. LOL

its here, im desiding on what i want to do with my EQ, buy the dash kit for it and have a ugly black 1/2DIN space under the deck and EQ...

OR have the Deck with a pocket and hide the EQ in the glove compartment.

Im leaning towards the glove compartment because when im showing my system to people they will undoubtably crank it up full blast, a little clipping on the HU wont hurt much because i set my gains conservatively except for SPL but if some idiot sees and EQ and is like "Hey, i know how to use this" and suddenly the amp is trying to produce an extra 12dB centered at 30Hz....the amp and the 18 (and me soon afterwards) will not be happy at all.

Edited by CBFryman

its here, im desiding on what i want to do with my EQ, buy the dash kit for it and have a ugly black 1/2DIN space under the deck and EQ...

OR have the Deck with a pocket and hide the EQ in the glove compartment.

Im leaning towards the glove compartment because when im showing my system to people they will undoubtably crank it up full blast, a little clipping on the HU wont hurt much because i set my gains conservatively except for SPL but if some idiot sees and EQ and is like "Hey, i know how to use this" and suddenly the amp is trying to produce an extra 12dB centered at 30Hz....the amp and the 18 (and me soon afterwards) will not be happy at all.

That is why you should keep an 18" aluminum T-ball bat in your truck, use it as the passenger be good stick.

LMAO

yeah, it's going in the glove compartment

bcb3240b.jpg

same face as my 8053

yeah, the only thing i could have asked for on this deck would have been an AUX input so i could hook up my MP3 player...oh well. MP3 CD's work just as well.

the metal mounting part that slides off..razor sharp, sliced my thumb open like madd crazy... i hate SOSCHE dash kits, but it was 11 bucks so i put up with it and installed it today. The deck wiggles but i dont think even i could get the deck out now w/o completely taking apart my dash. score 1 for security. Lost my trim ring, if i cant find it ill probably go into the hell hole and offer 5bucks shipped for one. Looks kinda ugly right now.

burning a new test CD right now, i left my old one in my GF's car. Had to burn a new one to set my mid/high gain since now i will be running the Ava from 70Hz down and the rest 70Hz up. Hopefully it will keep my mids from crashing into my door panels and improve SQ too in the process. Didnt install the EQ yet because i did it at work and i didnt have anything to fabricate a mounting bracket out of.

what i love about installing car audio stuff, 95 degrees, like 90% humidity, im using a dirty/corroded 25w soldering iron and trying to stretch like 2" of solder for all the connections and im out there sweating my balls off soldering the new harness on smileing away...

i think that qualifies me as a true audiophile.

or both. In all seriousness, i was thinking to my self while i was doing it "why ths fudge am i enjoying this?"