Sign in to follow this  
Maddenkid2011

Amplifier Suggestions (@2ohm)

I need an amplifier to power my D1 12" Xcon. It was running off of my Rf T-1000bd at around ~750 watts and it sounded absolutely eargasmic... and then I shorted my amplifier.

So now I have two choices:

Fix the T1000 for $175 and stay at ~750 watt

or

buy something along the lines of this http://www.dealercostcaraudio.com/hifonicsbrz17001d.aspx

It may seem obvious to go with the Hifonics because of the obvious difference in power, but it seems like Hifonics isn't the most recommended brand. 1200w @ 2 ohm for $190 just seems to good to be true.

What would you recommend I do? If you have any other amplifier suggestions then feel free to throw them out there. I really wouldn't like to spend over $220 since i'm perfectly fine running the Xcon with the T1000. It was enough for me but the Xcon was hungry for more!

Also found these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hifonics-Brutus-BRZ2100-1D-Car-Amplifier-/290968314408?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item43bf102228

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hifonics-Brutus-Brz1200-1D-1200-Watts-Super-D-Class-/251337834872?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item3a84e70178

Edited by Maddenkid2011

Its a Dual 1?  Consider running @ .5 with a MMATS amp.  d2000.05 would be suitable or d300hc to run @ 2 ohm.  or d100hc to run at .5

Its a Dual 1?  Consider running @ .5 with a MMATS amp.  d2000.05 would be suitable or d300hc to run @ 2 ohm.  or d100hc to run at .5

Yes, it is a Dual 1. If the mmats are affordable then that would definitely be doable. I can't seem to find any specs or online merchants that sell them though. What would they be putting out at 2 ohms and how much would they cost?

I wouldn't mind running them at .5 ohm but I don't want to take the chance of ruining the amp.

buy an quality amp .

you won't notice a difference between the hifionics and and the rf. simply not a large enough increase in power. 

the rf is much better quality and should hold value better than anything from hifonic. there are some alternatives but all of them probably cost just as much as repairing the rf. 

you won't notice a difference between the hifionics and and the rf. simply not a large enough increase in power. 

the rf is much better quality and should hold value better than anything from hifonic. there are some alternatives but all of them probably cost just as much as repairing the rf. 

So there's not really not an audible difference between 750w and 1200w? (if the rms of the hifonics is legitimate)?

What are some other alternatives? I would spend up to $240 on something that would make an audible difference.

Okay, I most likely will.

I'm going to try and get this guy http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/ele/4068064839.html down to $250. There has to be an audible difference between 750w and 1500w. It says it does 1500w @ 1 or 2 ohm, and I guess I trust it because it's Rockford. If I can do that, then I think it will definitely be worth the extra money.

No, unless your competing I wouldn't spend the money.

Just my opinion.

I'm going to try and get this guy http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/ele/4068064839.html down to $250. There has to be an audible difference between 750w and 1500w. It says it does 1500w @ 1 or 2 ohm, and I guess I trust it because it's Rockford. If I can do that, then I think it will definitely be worth the extra money.

Good luck as it says right there on the post "no offers under $300". Perhaps $250 plus trade might work out in your favor.

Good luck as it says right there on the post "no offers under $300". Perhaps $250 plus trade might work out in your favor.

He's down to $275. He has a few other sale threads that are over a month old. I'm hoping he's just getting fed up with selling and will let it go for cheap. I might go to $260 :) see if he'll take the bait.

"$260 And I'll pick it up to day! CASHHH!" usually works lol.

I got it for $265! So twice the power as my T-1000 for $100 more and a newer model. I'm sure the Xcon will love it. What should I do with my T-1000 though? Sell it broken?

I got it for $265! So twice the power as my T-1000 for $100 more and a newer model. I'm sure the Xcon will love it. What should I do with my T-1000 though? Sell it broken?

If you do let the person know it's broken.

Edited by pmureika

If you do let the person know it's broken.

Definitely.

I bought a T800-4ad off of craigslist for $200 last week and it ended up being broken. Luckily I sold it broken for $225 on ebay yesterday and made my money back, but I was absolutely livid knowing that he scammed me.