natedizzle

opinions on sub choices.....

Type R's are good quality subs... but too many people put them onto a pedestal that they do not belong on.

Former Type R owner here...

amen!! :+1::+1::+1::+1:

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Type R's are good quality subs... but too many people put them onto a pedestal that they do not belong on.

Former Type R owner here...

x eleventeen^3

Type R is no competition for all out SPL agianse even a DD 3500. SX is louder and so is the old XXX. and we are talking about for all out SPL here. On top of that the SX and XXX pwn the Type R in SQ.

They are so popular because they are decently loud for a low price but they arent louder than a $350 SPL driver a $300 daily beater for sure.

you will NEVER see the likes of dB drag winners running anything alpine except head units.

You will see alot of SoloX's, MT's, and Memphis w/e their SPL sub is (not a memphis fan) but no Type R's in competition winning vehicles. dB Drag > MECA. Seriosuly, who meters with the door open in the kick...like your head is anywhere near the kick. :runlaugh:

In the fernindina beach comp i went to i over heard some guy talking about how loud he was with his type R's, pulled a pretty good low 140 in street A or B. Team Kicker came in whipped his ass by like 8dB and they wherent even running full tilt.

Type R is the most SPL out of your list and I eat em alive with my Sonic FX.

maybe in meca....but a dd for sure can hold it's own against any sub. it's many records prove that. how many, other then in meca, does type r's own?

wow, this can get touchy...lol..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

you know what for some reason I didnt see DD or audioque on the list my bad. and I have nothing to do with MECA. I dont compete with them or have i ever even been to a MECA show so i dont know where that came from, but anyways yeah out of the list DD 9500 and 9900 and audioque are good choices but I would still take my Sonic FX over the audioque. VFL is another good choice for SPL. and no i wouldnt take a type R over a DD9500 or 9900 series or a VFL for that matter.

You will see alot of SoloX's, MT's, and Memphis w/e their SPL sub is (not a memphis fan) but no Type R's in competition winning vehicles. dB Drag > MECA. Seriosuly, who meters with the door open in the kick...like your head is anywhere near the kick.
Edited by Ruckus

Type R is the most SPL out of your list and I eat em alive with my Sonic FX.

maybe in meca....but a dd for sure can hold it's own against any sub. it's many records prove that. how many, other then in meca, does type r's own?

wow, this can get touchy...lol..

you know what for some reason I didnt see DD or audioque on the list my bad. and I have nothing to do with MECA. I dont compete with them or have i ever even been to a MECA show so i dont know where that came from, but anyways yeah out of the list DD 9500 and 9900 and audioque are good choices but I would still take my Sonic FX over the audioque. VFL is another good choice for SPL. and no i wouldnt take a type R over a DD9500 or 9900 series or a VFL for that matter.

lol...ok, we forgive you :bigok:

You will see alot of SoloX's, MT's, and Memphis w/e their SPL sub is (not a memphis fan) but no Type R's in competition winning vehicles. dB Drag > MECA. Seriosuly, who meters with the door open in the kick...like your head is anywhere near the kick.

anyone used a RE Destroyer? looks interesting wonder what numbers they could put up.

never heard of it. link ? and a link to your subs as well....

please.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Well they have nothing on their site. I know Team Toxic Bass had a bunch custom made and sold off alot of them.

RE destroyer 15"-

here are the specs. TS parameters:

Fs: 31.0 Hz

Re: 1.4Dvc

Qms: 4.14

Qes: .517

Qts: .46

Sd Cm2: 810

Vas: 87.7

SPL 1W/1M: 88.9

RMS: 2000W Very conservatively rated.

Features a huge 4 inch flat wound coil. The motor is a little bigger than the MT but with a pole vent for a great daily woofer.

My sub is no longer made as Sonic FX does not make subs anymore they do dBDrag(http://www.sonicfxaudio.com/). Some say its the same as a IA Death Penalty but I never heard one so i dont know. Its rated at 1100watts RMS but I put 2000 watts daily to mine and it will take more easily. Had one guy say he put 4KW at competitions to his no problem.

---------------------- q12

RE------------- 3.55 ohms in series

Fs ------------33.735hz

Qes -------------.359

Qms ----------5.357

Qts -----------.337

Vas ---------1.469 FT^3

Xmax-------- 14.5mm (one way linear)

Sd ------------74.4

Spl------------- 91.8

Power Handling 1100watts

EBP ----------95.6

pics of mine is here

http://teamaudiodynamics.com/gallery/sonicfx

Edited by Ruckus

your sonic fx looks related to the rl-p, si mag v1 and other tc9 drivers. little more surround and a little less cone area.

so the destroyer is custom built like the uberwoofer? hmmmm...that explains why i can't find them anywhere...lol...

time for some research....

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

your sonic fx looks related to the rl-p, si mag v1 and other tc9 drivers. little more surround and a little less cone area.

so the destroyer is custom built like the uberwoofer? hmmmm...that explains why i can't find them anywhere...lol...

time for some research....

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

well ive taken out RL-ps so I would put it higher than an RL-p never seen a mag but ive seen it compared to an SX and Ive killed SXs too.

Edited by Ruckus

never seen a mag but ive seen it compared to an SX and Ive killed SXs too.

Yay for generalizations...

Completely vehicle/install dependent. I've heard of people that have dropped in SX's and lost, and Chad on this board swapped his SX's for Mags in the CRX and gained...

Whoever's comparing the SI Mag to an RE SX doesn't know how to compare subwoofers :)

never seen a mag but ive seen it compared to an SX and Ive killed SXs too.

Yay for generalizations...

Completely vehicle/install dependent. I've heard of people that have dropped in SX's and lost, and Chad on this board swapped his SX's for Mags in the CRX and gained...

Whoever's comparing the SI Mag to an RE SX doesn't know how to compare subwoofers :)

well like i said i never seen a mag I just see everyone on ca compares them to eachother. with the mag having the SQ advantage, and I give the SOnic FX the advantage over the SX in SPL and SQ.

Edited by Ruckus

I just see everyone on ca compares them to eachother.

Ding ding :)

When it comes to "reliable information", that'd be the last place I'd look ;)

I just see everyone on ca compares them to eachother.

Ding ding :)

When it comes to "reliable information", that'd be the last place I'd look ;)

well its the only place i go besides here and my team site on car audio. The other options are worse imho LOL.

wow im hearing like so many other subs that i have never heard of before....ill just listen to you guys throw some more in there cause i have no idea at ALL what i would get from all the choices....lol

wow im hearing like so many other subs that i have never heard of before....ill just listen to you guys throw some more in there cause i have no idea at ALL what i would get from all the choices....lol

LOL I was the same way. I decided for me below $300 best choice is Sonic FX above I would go with a DD 9915. my FX costed me $220 shipped :D

i went to that soncifxaudio or whatever and never saw any actual products....where are they??.....lol(those subs i mean)

i went to that soncifxaudio or whatever and never saw any actual products....where are they??.....lol(those subs i mean)

sonic fx isn't making subs, or any product for that matter. you'd have to find one used. for the pics rukus posted, it's a tc9 model, or a different version of the soundsplinter rl-p, the stereo integrity magd2v1 and the eclipse aluminum. that would make it a quality product. as good as rukus makes out? well.......

but he did bring up a good point, your price point. just what are you looking to spend on your subs? maybe i missed it early on, but a refresher wouldn't hurt.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

FYI, The Destroyer was a Team Toxic Bass Special. If you talk to the right people they may be able to make another one. i dont know.

They no longer sell subs as i said in the post that had the link. I posted pics and TS parameters myself. They are closets to the IA Death Penalty. Same motor as the Mag v1 and RL-p but CBFryman said on ca

DP motors have stronger magnet slugs. Dont mix and match because T/X Params will be off between the two even with similar coils

and ive been told by several people that DP is the FX Q. only ones that says they arent is the president of IA. which also told me that a recone for a DP wont work on a FX which i found out was a lie.

Edited by Ruckus

im looking to spend less then $500 on both but i could go a TAD higher but not much.....

$500 a pair?

Rl-p not SPL but can get at that price

type-r not the best SPL but can get at that price

asenal not SPL not sure of pricing

RE SE SQ Sub dont even bother

massive audio dont know them never heard any

DD way too expensive for your budget

audioque too expensive

If you can find 2 Sonic FX Q series you can get them for about $500

IA DP too expensive

Maybe 2 L7 Kickers? they won more competitions than type Rs

Edited by Ruckus

rl-p's will get loud, as many here will tell ya. there are even numbers posted. true, it's sq oriented, but a nice side effect of it's build, it gets loud sounding good!!

the L7's would be a good choice!

and how is the IA and SonicFX motor different from the mag/ rl-p? they are tc9 motor's...and i thought all of them were the same. only difference in the subs would be soft parts, coil material and length. maybe i'm wrong, but i've never read on tcsounds site where you can get different motor strength tc9's. i thought that's why they had several different motors..ie; tc2, tc2hp, tc7, tc9 yada,yada,yada...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: