pwrbass

RLp 15"s

I was looking at the RLp 15"s im really considering getting 4 of these for my wall and selling my powerbass 15's ive been pretty impressed with the videos ive seen on them and the specs are better also anyone run these in a wall before? numbers? i just registered on the sound splinter site and almost just bought 4 of them ... just wanna make sure ill be happy with them....what you think? think i would over the 160 mark with some fine tuning of my wall?

2311474_7.jpg

:ph34r: thats what they said about memphis m3's

No ;)

then why is it every time someone asks about them that's the first reply given?

are they geared towards spl? no. they are a true sql sub. in most applications, they are geared towards the sq side, but htey have tossed up nice numbers.

will 4 rl-p15's get you a 160? dunno. will they be louder then your m3's? more then likely. i own a 12" rl-p and install memphis stuff all day. i'll say this. the rl-p will hold twice the power. 500-600wrms is all the m3 really wants(i'm sure some have thrown more at them, but i know from experience that they won't like more then 500 for long.), the rl-p just gets going. all the way up to about 1200wrms for the rl-p. i wouldn't throw 1200 at a m3.

to me, the m3 is a competitor to the rl-i. the mojo is where you'd have to go to compete with the rl-p. and while the mojo can handle more power then the rl-p, there isn't a real chance in hell it'll sound better.

get the rl-p's. you'll like them! and if you did a 159.9 with the m3's on your meter, i'd wager you'll break the 160 mark with the rl-ps. but that depends upon power, enclosure and such..drop in? i think the rl-ps will still be louder.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

TeamSSAudio needs someone over 160 hehe,

would be interesting to see how they will do in a wall, but not sure

then why is it every time someone asks about them that's the first reply given?

are they geared towards spl? no. they are a true LSQ sub. in most applications, they are geared towards the sq side, but htey have tossed up nice numbers.

will 4 rl-p15's get you a 160? dunno. will they be louder then your m3's? more then likely. i own a 12" rl-p and install memphis stuff all day. i'll say this. the rl-p will hold twice the power. 500-600wrms is all the m3 really wants(i'm sure some have thrown more at them, but i know from experience that they won't like more then 500 for long.), the rl-p just gets going. all the way up to about 1200wrms for the rl-p. i wouldn't throw 1200 at a m3.

to me, the m3 is a competitor to the rl-i. the mojo is where you'd have to go to compete with the rl-p. and while the mojo can handle more power then the rl-p, there isn't a real chance in hell it'll sound better.

get the rl-p's. you'll like them! and if you did a 159.9 with the m3's on your meter, i'd wager you'll break the 160 mark with the rl-ps. but that depends upon power, enclosure and such..drop in? i think the rl-ps will still be louder.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

thanks good to hear that from someone who installs memphis and owns a RLp another nice thing about these subs is that nobody has them around here be interesting on the feedback when they here them.

TeamSSAudio needs someone over 160 hehe,

would be interesting to see how they will do in a wall, but not sure

160 would be nice ive been on the brink for the last 2 seasons lets see ive had 26 different boxes 9 diff kinds of subs about 20 different amps ect... i just like getting good numbers with stuff that shouldnt be getting them :Doh: Im just out to have fun....maybe one day ill get some spl subs and play with them...

They also dont have the crayola cone... i know mrray loves those ( not)

:huh2::huh2::huh2::huh2:

:huh2::huh2::huh2::huh2:

lol, elias is right..i HATE the crayola cone. they suck. but hey, whatever works..lol...

i'm really liking the carbonfiber cone on the mclass, alot!

pwrbass..i not only install memphis but have owned jsut about everything memphis sells. i've ran pr subs, hpo's m3's...pr componets, mclass and sq's...and love the amps. not a thing wrong with memphis, i firmly believe the pr is the absolute best bang for buck sub on the market, period. but nothing memphis has is like the rl-p. the m3 tries, but doesn't do it. to me, all memphis subs, save the mclass, are just about getting loud. and they do that. but he rl-p is about getting loud and sounding awesome doing it. the m3 just doesn't quite make it to rl-p status.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: