Sign in to follow this  
cjj2d

Mag 15 Ported box help....

hello all, I am redoing my install and decided why the heck not try going ported while I am at it.

Just not sure if I have enough room to. So what is the smallest suggested cuft for a Mag 15 ported? the new version that is.

also, reccomended tuning as well. I am not going for all out spl. I am a huge sq guy that just wants to go ported and try it out. So I still wanna keep as much SQ as possible with a ported box.

thanks in advance. and if there is anyone that is real good at doing box plans please let me know.

I wouldn't go less than 3 cubes. Tune, right around 28 for some good sound.

^^ good idea

3 cubes at 28, now to find someone good at box plans. any ideas??

3 cubes would be THE smallest...period. Anything lower than that and you're just kicking yourself in the nuts.

BTW: You want some midbass drivers? Try out the Tang Band 4 Ohm 6.5" big-boys. Jacob had them in his doors and they were INSANE.

3 cubes would be THE smallest...period.  Anything lower than that and you're just kicking yourself in the nuts. 

BTW: You want some midbass drivers? Try out the Tang Band 4 Ohm 6.5" big-boys.  Jacob had them in his doors and they were INSANE.

For midbass? The Neo motored drivers? Tell him we want some details!

link doesnt work

I had my mag at 4 cu @ 28hz and it only sounded good on certain songs. I mostly listen to rap... hows 3.5 cu/ft @ 32 hz sound?