EddieC

Bluetooth audio streaming quality

When things are installed correctly 3 bands ought to be enough if they are flexible. EQ is only for removing anomalies that you couldn't handle with the install work.

3 bands are more than I have now.... with the Pioneer having 5 it just seems that there would be more adjustment to it. But the UI on the Pioneer didn't seem as nice as the Excelon's. I guess it comes down to preference on it. BTW.... did Pioneer ever get the rca ground issue corrected? Read a lot of complaints about the older units, but nothing on the newer ones.

Complaints are almost all install faults

Well I decided to go with the Pioneer DEH-X8600BH. Still haven't seen one in person yet but all the specs are identical to the 8500, which seemed to be pretty good for my needs. I'll post thoughts on it after the install. Thanks for all the replies guys!

Well....stereo is in. Audio sounds pretty damn good over the Bluetooth! Don't see myself needing an aux cable any more. Now just gotta get used to having an eq. Much easier to hit a bass and treble button, but when it's dialed in...damn! Those 4 volt pre outs definitely push harder than what I had. Thanks again everyone!

I've read all through the thread and can't see an explanation of WHY you had to have bluetooth for music.  I have BT on the Clarion and in my company work truck (factory stereo with Sync) and for calls it's fine but music over the BT just doesn't cut the mustard for me.  Seems to me any HU with a USB input would do you far better sound quality wise and with same controls as using the BT offers unless there's some other point I'm missing here.

FWIW I'm glad you got yourself a better unit than the Dual.  USB, BT, no matter just about anything would have been an improvement over that old HU, lol.

I've read all through the thread and can't see an explanation of WHY you had to have bluetooth for music.  I have BT on the Clarion and in my company work truck (factory stereo with Sync) and for calls it's fine but music over the BT just doesn't cut the mustard for me.  Seems to me any HU with a USB input would do you far better sound quality wise and with same controls as using the BT offers unless there's some other point I'm missing here.

FWIW I'm glad you got yourself a better unit than the Dual.  USB, BT, no matter just about anything would have been an improvement over that old HU, lol.

With an android phone, it's hard to find a hu that will operate through usb (other than accessing media stored on the device, which to my knowledge just began this year. I may be wrong, but this was the first year for Pioneer to offer that feature). All of the music streaming has to be done through Bluetooth or through the aux input. I don't understand why, but the Bluetooth is much louder on this unit than the aux. The Dual was the exact opposite, which is why I was questioning the quality of the newer units. I'm actually pretty satisfied with the way it sounds, though you can tell a difference when it's connected via USB (with stored music). But on that note, I'm having a hard time getting the head unit to connect to the phone via USB. I've only had success with it once and it sounded amazing, but every time since I get an Error-19 message. I've had friends connect Iphones and Ipods with no issues, as well as a flash drive. I contacted Pioneer about it and they said it sounded like an issue with the phone, since other devices were connecting with no problem. They suggested I contact Samsung about resetting the MTP within the phone, but it's easy enough to just put the music on a flash drive.

All in all, I'm happy with it. It sounds much better than that old Dual. lol I don't know if it's the higher voltage preouts or just the fact that I can get a better eq but the music sounds louder and cleaner than before.