Shake'n'Bake

Louisiana lurker...

Finally singing in, after watching the forums for a while!

Not a total audio whiz, so I hope to learn some and maybe even share some during my stay!

As far as where I'm at with audio, I'm between subwoofers at the moment, I fried my RE SXX d2 15" a couple of months ago (I knew it would happen eventually) because A: it was on a RF T1500BDCP, and B: I wanted to push it way lower than box-tuning (damn you Decaf!!!). Having a prefab box (3.5 cubes at "36hz"), even if it was a nicer one, didn't really help either...

So, you could maybe even say that it was my NEED for MORE BASS ( as in wanting an even more badass driver) that drove me to keep pushing my lil RE friend till it went over the edge... And trust me, it took many months of pushing to do! I have nothing but good things to say about that sub! ...within it's capabilities

I hit 144 decibels on Termlab at 49hz in the passenger footwell, enclosure in the trunk with the back seat down (2012 Civic coupe). Whether or not that's decent with a single  15 on that power, I'll let yous guys judge...

Now on to the good news... I have my replacement on the way! I decided to go with the Fi SP4 d2 15, fully loaded. I've got my design plans for a new enclosure laid out, complete with plexiglass window and internal RGB-LED lighting (kit on the way, with keychain remotes!). Gonna be pretty! 

As far as front-stage. Meh, I'm still working on fixing what a dying Kenwood 2-channel amp has done to my RE 6.5" component set, so I'm running on a Frankenstein front stage at the moment. laugh.png

New amp and possibly some Crescendo Audio components on the way soon!

I'll be making a post requesting input on my enclosure design in a more proper section, probably under the Fi-specific section.

Hope to enjoy my stay here!

Welcome