paulie

Assassin or Kv.2...?

ok, right now, i have decided between two subs, i think i am splitting hairs but.......i want the best  

5 members have voted

1. 1. ok, right now, i have decided between two subs, i think i am splitting hairs but.......i want the best

• ELEMENTAL DESIGNS 13 KV.2
    • DIAMOND D3/CM3

12O for $100?

No question about it, get that driver.

that was my next choice, but i am still a little questionable over it because it is an older driver, and not knowing the wear and tear on it. i am just afraid that i will get it and get a few months use out of it and then it breaking or something. is that something i need to worry about?

12O for $100?

that was my next choice, but i am still a little questionable over it because it is an older driver, and not knowing the wear and tear on it. i am just afraid that i will get it and get a few months use out of it and then it breaking or something. is that something i need to worry about?

Thats always something you can never be shure about

i love my 12o though, its a bad mother

i just dont like buying an old driver especially when i have no money to spare. i would love to buy a 12o and i may still get one, but i just dont have the money to have to completely replace the sub, or get a recone, which will cost a lot, and even then, i can't get a flat recone.

ok, added a poll, i plan to pick what sub to get, right now, i am tired of being confused. i have decided on these two. want good SQ but want to be decently loud as well. i want to hit every single double bass kick drum note, want to hit those bumpin rap songs LOW. what about the warranties on each sub? customer service? put all of these things together and help me pick the best for my money. thanks

when you factor in warranty, customer service and the ability to play music, it's a no brainer....

the diamond easily thumps eDuh....

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

12O for $100?

My e12a.22 has seen nearly daily usage for three years now, never a problem once.

...and the ability to play music, it's a no brainer....

I'll agree with you on the warranty and CS issues, but "ability to play music"? Ever heard one? :D One of the best IB drivers available for the time...not exactly "easily thumped" by a D3. D9, maybe :)

I am baised:) so I say go with the 13kv2. I have seen a few installs with them and they sound very nice. I have 4 of the EU-700's and a NINe.1 amp and use them for competition and hard daily driving and not a hickup from anything.

alright. well i made my decision and purchased. i bought a 13Kv.2 and no less than 5 min later a 13Ov.2 came up for sale so i bought that and i am going to cancel the Kv.2. got the Ov.2 for $118 shipped! it was bought in janurary of 2006 brand new and is in perfect condition. didn't figure i could pass up that deal.

NOW FINALLY, i can AGAIN, begin to plan out an enclosure.

alright. well i made my decision and purchased. i bought a 13Kv.2 and no less than 5 min later a 13Ov.2 came up for sale so i bought that and i am going to cancel the Kv.2. got the Ov.2 for $118 shipped! it was bought in janurary of 2006 brand new and is in perfect condition. didn't figure i could pass up that deal.

NOW FINALLY, i can AGAIN, begin to plan out an enclosure.

I think you will be very happy with it. When you get it installed let us know what you think of it.

...and the ability to play music, it's a no brainer....

I'll agree with you on the warranty and CS issues, but "ability to play music"? Ever heard one? :D One of the best IB drivers available for the time...not exactly "easily thumped" by a D3. D9, maybe :)

lol..what i meant was the fact you wouldn't be buying from ben, who will never see a dollar of my money even if he had the absolute greatest sub on earth, coupled with the fact the diamond's are extremely nice subs.

would i buy used eDuh? possibly. i wouldn't mind trying a flat cone. but anything else? nope. i don't care how great they sound. there are subs out there which are as good, most are better, who are backed by honest men. Nick at SI and Mike from SS just to name the two here.

yeah, it's a personal thing that goes WAY back to when eD first came out and was being tauted by the likes of rangerman and jlaine. Ben was an ass even then. nobody knew it yet though. and i wasn't respected enough to be believed, so i let it go. Ben has been and will always be about just himself. and that's enough for me to say i'll never in my life own a new eD product, or any eD product in which Ben sees any of the proceeds.

product isn't everything, it's the actions before AND after the sell that win a person over.

ok, enough rambling.....

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

damn paulie, I thought that crystal was the one,

I wanted one myself too, oh well I vote diamond

yea, i really wanted that crystal. i was so pissed when i saw that he put it on ebay. i kept tried to talk him down a bit in price and i guess he thought i wasn't gonna buy it. oh well. im sure i'll be happy with the Ov.2 because either way it will be a near new sub for $118 and it will be better than my MTX 10. even if the customer service at eD isn't very good, i still have that warranty and im sure i can get it fixed or replaced if it breaks, but it is in good condition. maybe diamond will be my next buy.

ok, well keep us updated as to how the progress goes

of course. also have another question as far as wiring it goes. its the dual 2 ohm version, and i have a 400 watt amp. it can either put out 200 wrms x 2 @ 2 ohms or 400 wrms x 1 @ 4 ohms. should i bridge the amp and run the sub in series or should i run one channel to each coil...? what would my final impedance be for each configuration??

of course. also have another question as far as wiring it goes. its the dual 2 ohm version, and i have a 400 watt amp. it can either put out 200 wrms x 2 @ 2 ohms or 400 wrms x 1 @ 4 ohms. should i bridge the amp and run the sub in series or should i run one channel to each coil...? what would my final impedance be for each configuration??

Run 1 coil per channel and use a Y adaptor so each coil is getting the same signal

i just dont like buying an old driver especially when i have no money to spare. i would love to buy a 12o and i may still get one, but i just dont have the money to have to completely replace the sub, or get a recone, which will cost a lot, and even then, i can't get a flat recone.

If you use the driver properly, should never need a recone in its operational life...

Speakers don't blow by themselves if there are no manufacturing defects. Takes someone not knowing what they're doing.

Run 1 coil per channel and use a Y adaptor so each coil is getting the same signal

Y adapter?

EDIT: haha, i know what one is, dont want to look completely dumb.....but explain a little more, is there one on parts express? how would i hook it up?

Edited by paulie

I would just run it mono, but oh well

ok, i think i figured it out. to get the 200 watts in 2 ch. i think i bridge the amp and then do a Y. what would my final impedance load be if i ran it this way? if i ran it in series my load would be 4 ohms, correct?

well, i got the sub in today. it is in perfect condition and the shipping was very fast! now im off to find a box in my garage so i can get this thing goin.

got the sub in last night, set my gains correctly for the first time, put in some new dash speakers and got it goin. first impressions are pretty good. sub gets a LOT lower than my previous subs, also gets quite a bit louder but also this is in the same box as my 10", just cut the hole bigger, so i wasnt expecting a lot. it hits all of the notes and hits them quite well. i would like it a bit louder and a little lower, but that will help a little bit when i build my sealed box, and it will help a lot when i build a ported box...