Sign in to follow this  
n4te0ne

blown amp

yeah, i let my buddy borrow my 600x and now it wont turn on.. nothin on the board looks cooked... flacko get at me, i'mma have to send this sucker in for repairs. :faintthud:

yeah, i let my buddy borrow my 600x and now it wont turn on.. nothin on the board looks cooked... flacko get at me, i'mma have to send this sucker in for repairs.  :faintthud:

probably just protection

i dunno if its in protection, because the amp litterally doesnt come on, usually if they go into protection the red light of doom comes on, i've have this occur during voltage problems.. but this one shows no signs of life. the power light does not come on.. unless i am wrong and its locked in protection mode and is just staying off? i dunno.

Put it on a 12VDC battery out of the vehicle...eliminate all potential variables.

If it doesn't power up with no load on a known power supply, time to start poking around with a DMM, seeing what's getting power and what isn't...

Put it on a 12VDC battery out of the vehicle...eliminate all potential variables.

If it doesn't power up with no load on a known power supply, time to start poking around with a DMM, seeing what's getting power and what isn't...

i'm headin down to the shop now to tryn figure it out.. the same wiring settup runs my kenwood amp fine.. but when i wire the us amp up, its as dead as it gets.. both channels

i had the same problem for awhile with my merlin md41, and i poked around with a DMM and found it was the fuse. i looked at the fuse and couldnt see much wrong. it was a hairline fracture on the fuse that messed everything up, my guess is check that first.

eh how the hell do u break a us amps? ...do the internals look like anything serious could have gone wrong?

eh how the hell do u break a us amps? ...do the internals look like anything serious could have gone wrong?

noooo idea. it only functions when its bridged? does that make sense.. i'm powering two treo ssi 15's with it.. sounds good. not loud enuff, i'd say a 135 on the termlab