Sign in to follow this  
krazie

4 15" mags sealed in the back of a scion tc?

Well im bored and im going to start a new job soon, so naturally i must start a new project...

The Car

Anyways i'd end up taking the back seats out, doing a fiberglass sealed enclosure, for the mags at a slant fireing back, and probably do some sort of compartment were the rear seats are for 2 extra batteries, along with w.e.

else i need, i'll end up pulling the floor up in the back also, if i really wanted to im sure the is enough space to go ported or if i wanted im sure i can have all the subs fireing back instead of at a slant towards the back,

I was thinking the new focal 3-way series for a front stage or the CDT ES 3-way's also I was thinking a 250a alt should be enough??

For the amps im unsure for the components i havent decided exactly what i want but for the subs i was thinking 2 DD Z1's @ 2ohm ???

Anyways any input you have would be apreciated. thanks

-also if anyone knows were i might beable to pick up a few sponser's that would be cool also :ugh2:

Edited by krazie

wow. lol. i dont thinkyou can go ported though. you'll need about a 20cuft gross enclosure. if you walled them right behind your head maybe. i love your choice of amps. do you know how much they cost? make sure you get like twin 300A alts lol.

why not a pair of 20.1's?

im sure you could get a hell of a deal from Showrides if you order 4 subs and 2 amps.

well if at all possible i will try and not buy from showride's, and i do not want a 20.1... i purchased my 12's from nick before they got a dealer... if it takes me driving my arse out to NC to nicks shop or store or w.e. ill do it to get the subs from him... just personal prefrence.. and i beleive the DD z1's can be had for around 900-1400$ my biggest issue is the alt's though O_o

but we will see what happens i figured i'd save around 4000$ or so probably around 4500$ before i start purchasing items.. :) I AM A go nuts on this. i mean 2 12's make my ears ring i can't imagine 4 15's :)

well if at all possible i will try and not buy from showride's, and i do not want a 20.1... i purchased my 12's from nick before they got a dealer... if it takes me driving my arse out to NC to nicks shop or store or w.e. ill do it to get the subs from him... just personal prefrence.. and i beleive the DD z1's can be had for around 900-1400$ my biggest issue is the alt's though O_o

but we will see what happens i figured i'd save around 4000$ or so probably around 4500$ before i start purchasing items.. :) I AM A go nuts on this. i mean 2 12's make my ears ring i can't imagine 4 15's :)

:( ...I didn't provide any type of bad customer service did I?

:( ...I didn't provide any type of bad customer service did I?

nothing against you never dealt with you i bought my mags before the dealer... :P and if at all possible i'd like to keep it that way... nick=a+

never dealt with you so i can't say anything

Sounds good. I can understand how you would want to stick with Nick. Also, if you can pick them up that avoids shipping charges. Glad to hear you have nothing against us. :bigok:

if you cannot get them directly form nick i'll vouch that showrides is an A+ dealer. to be honest, id support the dealer just for that reason alone, to support the dealer.

btw ben, did you ever get the money from fedex? they have yet to pick them up... is there any deadline that says if they dont pick them up by it they cant take them from me anymore? because id love to take it apart :)

if you cannot get them directly form nick i'll vouch that showrides is an A+ dealer. to be honest, id support the dealer just for that reason alone, to support the dealer.

btw ben, did you ever get the money from fedex? they have yet to pick them up... is there any deadline that says if they dont pick them up by it they cant take them from me anymore? because id love to take it apart :)

TAKE IT APART!!! :lickscreen:

lol anyways yea ill see what happens won't be for a month or so probably... im learning fiber glass atm... and the weather is sorta wierd so i might have to wait until my new garage is built, just for my car audio needs :P

4 15"s in 10cf sealed sound good?? thats 2.25 a driver?

They sent me a check for $110. Not sure how they got that amount, but it is nowhere near what the subs are worth. I may just need you to send them back to me, and then I can test them to see how they perform. I would of course send you the money to ship them back. Also, did you ever get your mags LOUD? Let me know.

And I don't mean to hijack the thread. Fiberglass is always cool if you come up with a good design.

They sent me a check for $110.  Not sure how they got that amount, but it is nowhere near what the subs are worth.  I may just need you to send them back to me, and then I can test them to see how they perform.  I would of course send you the money to ship them back.  Also, did you ever get your mags LOUD?  Let me know.

And I don't mean to hijack the thread.  Fiberglass is always cool if you come up with a good design.

its fine :) fiberglass ftw i think I AM A go buy some resin and fiberglass and tuff today and play with it for awhile

okay thats cool ben. although i know one its VC is rubbing. a new basket and maybe a new Vc should do for that one. the other may be totally fine. thats BS how they only gave you 110$. and im not really expecting to have my mags installed before the end of summer. im going to focus on making money to redo my whole system rather than trying to half ass it. i want everything to be perfect. im starting witht he electrical system. then new HU, processing, components, amps and finally get those monsters bangin.

okay thats cool ben. although i know one its VC is rubbing. a new basket and maybe a new Vc should do for that one. the other may be totally fine. thats BS how they only gave you 110$. and im not really expecting to have my mags installed before the end of summer. im going to focus on making money to redo my whole system rather than trying to half ass it. i want everything to be perfect. im starting witht he electrical system. then new HU, processing, components, amps and finally get those monsters bangin.

Sounds great. I will be keeping in touch with you about those 2 15's.

Why go with Mags and NOT a clean sounding amp like the Zapco 9.0? 4 Mag 15's with a 4kw would cause hearing loss. That happens to be my dream sub setup...

Why go with Mags and NOT a clean sounding amp like the Zapco 9.0?  4 Mag 15's with a 4kw would cause hearing loss.  That happens to be my dream sub setup...

so a DD z1 doesnt sound clean?? :blink:

hearing loss what did you say? :woot:

and hopefully it will be like 4800w if i can get my voltages up that would be like 1200w each sub :runlaugh: and if i do change amps it will be the mmats 3000.05 x2 that would be 1500w each sub, depending on how over rated or underated those mmats amps really are :P

Why go with Mags and NOT a clean sounding amp like the Zapco 9.0?  4 Mag 15's with a 4kw would cause hearing loss.  That happens to be my dream sub setup...

:bigok::bigok::bigok:

i have 2 of the first gen 15s in a 10ft3 box ported and it frickin pounds i was running a ma 5082hx (4000w RMS) then i went to 2 ma 4000d's i loved it now i am going with 4 Sundown Audio SAZ-1500d 2 strapped per sub before you buy look into the SA amps they will be available late july and a great price. it sounds like you are alot like me loud and love it :) i wish you well on your install and you have to get pics up ASAP lol

www.sundownaudio.com