Sign in to follow this  
pimpedout97x

which sub for HT

k heres the deal, im ordering the dayton 1000w plate amp off partsexpress.com, and i dont know what sub to run it with...its for rap music only, some people have told me to get the dayton titanic mkIII of partsexpress.com, but im just wondering if there is any other subs out there for around that price range(196+shipping) that will be louder, or better SQ or w/e...my budget on the sub is 200(give or take a few for shipping) so really about 250 MAX...but still throw out suggestions reguardless...

if i can get 2 subs for that price, ill do that, if not, 1 15" i would suppose...anything that can handle 1000w rms for long periods of time(not hours but sometimes ill listen to music while im on my laptop for a good hour or so)

heres the sub i was talkin about, and the amp, just for reference...

sub: http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cf...tnumber=295-420

amp: http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cf...tnumber=300-808

thanks! (btw im getting 2 18" MT's for my explorer for those that remember the thread i made about which subs to get!)

Just buy the sub already :)

What's the rest of the setup?

How much of a budget do you have, and what kind of receiver do you have?

really old Sanyo DCX686....my budget is in my first post, but tell me what you have in mind anyways and ill go from there =)

You had a budget for the sub, but I didn't see a budget for anything else?

oh you wanted a budget for the mids/highs? i dont really know, i havent researched them yet...thats where yall come in...not TOO much...im not lookin to build a top notch SQ HT system, just loud bass and highs to jam to...im 18 i just want it loud lol...

throw out your ideas, and ill get a better idea of a budget for everything else when i see what kinda prices im working with...thanks for your help so far

i just ordered all that, 160 shipped, should be here the 16th. next is sub, then amp =)

im gonna need help building a tower for this...or does it matter on size, etc. like a sub box(also will need help on lol)

I'd stay away from those crossovers, though...especially for a TMM setup.

If you can afford a used set, a pair of Klipsch Heresy's will tear your ears off given proper amplification...HLCD's for midrange and highs. In-room sensitivity of around 92dB/W.

Well, out of that, I would have just skipped the $40 in crossovers :)

Homebrewing an Xover, especially with multiple midbasses, will make an average loudspeaker sound excellent.

DIYaudio.com would be my first place to go to ask for advice about Xover design...some really knowledgeable people on there.

Good choice in drivers though.

whats a TMM setup? haha

should i cancel crossovers and get different ones?

Tweet - Mid - Mid

I'd cancel the crossovers, keep the drivers, and maybe make another order with the crossover parts once you know what you need. Or just wait on the entire order until you have the crossover designed.

Pffhbbbt.

I just hope I never have to touch the Xovers in the Klipschs. Three way with HLCDs and a PR...no way to make that simple.

Exactly...same philsophy for amplifiers as well :lol: