Sign in to follow this  
pimpedout97x

which sub for HT

If those guys were talking jibberish then you are in trouble building a crossover...Those EXACT SAME crossovers sound great in the setup I built for my dad...they are a hell of a lot easier to install than building one. I'm very good at that stuff and I didn't see the point in it for a simple HT setup. A SQ music system would be somethign else but rap doesn't qualify as SQ IMO. If you canceled them then good luck building your own.

Oh and those EXACT SAME crossovers were with those EXACT SAME mids. We used peerless tweets in his because they had a little better responce than any of hte other in their price range.

Oh and those EXACT SAME crossovers were with those EXACT SAME mids.  We used peerless tweets in his because they had a little better responce than any of hte other in their price range.

So what do you suggest he gets for his crossover?? Or does he need one? etc. He doesnt know anything about home audio mostly just car audio so you need to tell him what to do and we will trust you and do it i mean its better than him not knowing wtf is going on so just let him know what you think he should do since you have the same sort of setup..also the suggestions yall make make them the simplest ways to do things instead of building a crossover and chit..Oh by the way im his friend Trey lol... :D

Home audio isn't that much different than what's in a car...don't know why people get so confused by it :)

Yes, he needs a crossover...check those two resources I posted earlier. He could have someone design it with a schematic and all the parts needed to build it, all he'd need to do is just assemble them.

Home audio isn't that much different than what's in a car...don't know why people get so confused by it :)

Yes, he needs a crossover...check those two resources I posted earlier. He could have someone design it with a schematic and all the parts needed to build it, all he'd need to do is just assemble them.

Is it hard to build? Ive never heard anyone building a crossover in car audio tho lol

Not hard to build at all if you know the difference between a resistor, capacitor and inductor :)

Designing one, on the other hand...is a PITA.

Not hard to build at all if you know the difference between a resistor, capacitor and inductor :)

Designing one, on the other hand...is a PITA.

Well i dont know what those are...dunno if he does..can you get a picture put it in paint then point out which is which?

Ive never heard anyone building a crossover in car audio tho lol

Because 12VDC amplifier power is cheap, most people just run four channels and go active if they want to play with Xover slopes/points, instead of messing with the crossovers...not as many people run active in home, because it's a little more involved.

Well i dont know what those are...dunno if he does..can you get a picture put it in paint then point out which is which?

http://www.bcae1.com

Required reading.

Oh and those EXACT SAME crossovers were with those EXACT SAME mids.

lol i canceled them, but idk maybe ill reorder when i order the amp...i rather not build a set lol...

thanks for all of you guys help though!