khinds94

AA Mayhem 12 on 2k ~~~

I got the big 3 done so I figured I would put up another video. Theres actually a pretty big difference. Please leave a comment on what you think.

And also if I only have 1 rca plugged into my 2000d, will that affect the performance of the amp? I figured it doesnt.

Nice! Getting it for a single 12.

As for the RCA question, I assume you're using a LOC as you have a stock head unit. I'd try to get as much signal into the amp as possible. It would seem if you're only using one output on the LOC, you'd only be getting half as much signal. I may be wrong though.

As for the RCA question, I assume you're using a LOC as you have a stock head unit. I'd try to get as much signal into the amp as possible. It would seem if you're only using one output on the LOC, you'd only be getting half as much signal. I may be wrong though

What does LOC stand for? and both RCA's are connected to the back of the stock headunit, its just that the "right" channel RCA broke that plugs into the "right" input on the 2000d. So I guess I am missing out on half the signal? but it just doesn't seem like there's anything wrong sound wise. I could be wrong.

LOC - Line Output Convertor.  The take speaker level input ans convert to low level rca's.

As for the RCA question, I assume you're using a LOC as you have a stock head unit. I'd try to get as much signal into the amp as possible. It would seem if you're only using one output on the LOC, you'd only be getting half as much signal. I may be wrong though

What does LOC stand for? and both RCA's are connected to the back of the stock headunit, its just that the "right" channel RCA broke that plugs into the "right" input on the 2000d. So I guess I am missing out on half the signal? but it just doesn't seem like there's anything wrong sound wise. I could be wrong.

The stock head unit has a line-out on the back of it? Haven't seen that before.

So, the RCA cable itself broke, or the input on the amp broke? If it's the RCA cable, just replace the cable or get a y-splitter (2 male to 1 female) and put it in behind the head unit so you can combine both signals to the one good half of the cable. If it's the input on the amp, get the opposite y-splitter (2 female to 1 male). That way you can combine the signal and feed both sides into the one input. The amp only needs one input to function since it's a mono amp, but you want to give it as much signal as possible. The more input signal you give the amp, the less it has to work to make up (or GAIN) the difference.

The stock head unit has a line-out on the back of it? Haven't seen that before.

So, the RCA cable itself broke, or the input on the amp broke? If it's the RCA cable, just replace the cable or get a y-splitter (2 male to 1 female) and put it in behind the head unit so you can combine both signals to the one good half of the cable. If it's the input on the amp, get the opposite y-splitter (2 female to 1 male). That way you can combine the signal and feed both sides into the one input. The amp only needs one input to function since it's a mono amp, but you want to give it as much signal as possible. The more input signal you give the amp, the less it has to work to make up (or GAIN) the difference.

Thank you for the explanation, I understand now