MarAha

Wire Harness for 2005 Pontiac Grand AM???

someone please help me out...i just bought a system but completely forgot that i had to buy a wire harness. and now that i'm looking for one, i cant find it.

i got a 2005 Pontiac Grand Am, 3.4L 4 Dr Sedan

Walmart? Ebay? Local shop? Best Buy? Circuit City? CRUTCHFIELD!

Walmart?  Ebay?  Local shop?  Best Buy?  Circuit City?  CRUTCHFIELD!

i alraedy checked all those places...none of them have it. unless im searching for something wrong. when i had my 97 malibu, i paid for a $7 harness. it seems like there isnt one for the grand am for that price. im seeing some things for like $80 and i dont know if THATS what im supposed to get

It appears you will need the Class II databus adapter. I'm not sure what all is controlled by this on your car. WIthout it, you will lose certain functions of the car. On some, you will simply lose the door chime, on others, the entire vehicle may not function with the radio removed.

It appears you will need the Class II databus adapter.  I'm not sure what all is controlled by this on your car.  WIthout it, you will lose certain functions of the car.  On some, you will simply lose the door chime, on others, the entire vehicle may not function with the radio removed.

hmmm...is it this?:

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/pacclgmrarea.html

i actually ran into that before but seeing the price being $100, i figured thats not right since my old harness was about $7

Hey... if you need one go to Summit Racing.. Free shipping and I think It was the lowest price arround!!

Crutchfield is $80 and well, I'd go there before anywhere else. They didn't get to where they are for no reason.

Crutchfield is $80 and well, I'd go there before anywhere else.  They didn't get to where they are for no reason.

thats probably where i would go if i needed that...BUT like i said, somebody else on another forum gave me that link i put in my last post. a regular harness for a 2005 Grand Am thats not $80. would that one work as well?

edit: i just realized its for the factory radios only....now i gotta spend more..dammit

Edited by MarAha

Ok.. Here it is.. I guess Summit got to where THEY are for a reason! They are 50 times bigger the crutchfield. Trust me I an an hour away from both Crutchfield stores!

BTW this is the unit you need! I run one of these in my 2004 Cavalier! Works good!

LINK:

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.a...15&autoview=sku

Edited by SKunk9381

MarAha..like tirefryr mentioned above..you need the one with the databus II adapter..so yeah, you are going to be spending a bit more then $7. no way around it. sorry.

and either summit or crutchfield would be a decent place ot buy. but if summit has it cheaper with free shipping, i know which one i'd buy...lol...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: