Airmack

RL-p15/When will they be in stock?

When will you guys get them back in stock?

It's either one 15 or two 12" and I really don't want to spend the money for an amp to power two 12"'s...

As far as the RL-p15 goes... 600 watts should be enough power for a ported box right? Could I go higher?

Thanks in advanced!

600 wrms os a rl-p will be perfect. could you go higher? yeah, but you won't need too..just build a nice ported box...3-3.5ft^3, 40-50in^2 of port, tuned about 30-32hz...equates to much fine wangage!!

welcome to the forum bro!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

600 wrms os a rl-p will be perfect. could you go higher? yeah, but you won't need too..just build a nice ported box...3-3.5ft^3, 40-50in^2 of port, tuned about 30-32hz...equates to much fine wangage!!

welcome to the forum bro!

Thanks guy, I joined a while ago but I didn't have the funds to build my system then. Now I do...

I guess I'll make a short story long...

I ordered two RL-p 15"s a couple weeks ago and got them last week. One of them had a small dent in the cone and I talked to Mike through e-mails. He said one of two options, get a new one (shipping on him) or take a partial refund. I chose option two. Point of the story he told me that the 15's will be out of stock for 2-3 weeks if I wanted to get a new one. So my guess is 2-3 weeks...

BTW he handled the entire situation with the utmost professionalism and am very happy with everything. Can't wait to get those puppies pumping--3 ft^3 each tuned to 28 hz. :slayer:

Hey Airmack--

If you haven't already done it, shoot me a PM or an email with your email address,

so that I can notify you as soon as the new 15's are in. Now with that being said,

let me lay out this madness for ya'll.

For some reason, the supplier making our cones is just slow as all get out. I put

in the order for the 15" cones in late March, and nearing two months later - we

finally received the first batch. Unfortunately, the cones did not meet our cosmetic

specifications (mechanically, they will perform perfectly). The cones they have sent

do not have the same defined texture and gloss that they usually do, and appear

flat or "matte" - peep these pic's for a comparison:

200605-matte.jpg

200605-gloss.jpg

I myself prefer the deliciously brushed finish, so I've rejected the majority of these.

rolleyes.gifrockets.gifwhoa.gif

Since it will take at least 4 weeks to have the new cones produced and shipped to

the assembly plant in San Diego, I am having a small run of 15's produced (both

dual 2 and dual 4) using these matte cones, in order to satisfy immediate demand.

They should be ready absolutely no later than the end of the month, and people on

the waitlist will have priority to purchase. I will of course fully disclose the cone

design on these 15's to any interested parties, such that there won't be any surprises.

Hehe, well yours is different alltogether, not being annodized, but rather painted over polished aluminum. I like those too, these ones that I just received are kind of in the middle of the completely flat matte from our first production runs, and the textured brushed annodized that we currently use. There is some texture on these, but in comparison to the usual, it is not nearly as rich.

O wells. Hopefully they are giving you a break on their mistake.

I'll have some installs pics for you to use in a month Mike. :D

i'm with diddle..and ours FTW!!! old skool is how to roll!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Hey Airmack--

If you haven't already done it, shoot me a PM or an email with your email address,

so that I can notify you as soon as the new 15's are in.  Now with that being said,

let me lay out this madness for ya'll.

For some reason, the supplier making our cones is just slow as all get out.  I put

in the order for the 15" cones in late March, and nearing two months later - we

finally received the first batch.  Unfortunately, the cones did not meet our cosmetic

specifications (mechanically, they will perform perfectly).  The cones they have sent

do not have the same defined texture and gloss that they usually do, and appear

flat or "matte" - peep these pic's for a comparison:

200605-matte.jpg

200605-gloss.jpg

I myself prefer the deliciously brushed finish, so I've rejected the majority of these.

rolleyes.gifrockets.gifwhoa.gif

Since it will take at least 4 weeks to have the new cones produced and shipped to

the assembly plant in San Diego, I am having a small run of 15's produced (both

dual 2 and dual 4) using these matte cones, in order to satisfy immediate demand. 

They should be ready absolutely no later than the end of the month, and people on

the waitlist will have priority to purchase.  I will of course fully disclose the cone

design on these 15's to any interested parties, such that there won't be any surprises.

We're really sorry bout that Mike, our vender got a chit storm for this. It takes over 2 months to re-order the damn things.

How many of our kind were produced anyways?

wow, not many. i can remember when you had the only one in canada. damn, i'd say under 20, but i'm not for sure. the very best is always a limited number...lol...

and mike...matte FTW!! don't need shiny. jsut think, the texture adds surface area, yeah, that's it!! surface area...and mad deeebeeezzzzz

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I think the shiny is sexy...:)

How many of our kind were produced anyways?

Just over 100 (108 to be exact). This includes both first gen RL-i's and RL-p's in the count.

diddle and mine even older bro...no logo and painted cone!! beyotchesssss!!

whoop, whoop!!

soundsplinter120021dg.jpg

soundsplinter120016im.jpg

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Wowzers LOL... First Generation FTW!!!

normal_DSC00524.JPG

vs.

Type RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

normal_DSC00526.JPG

We's be old skool. :bigok:

15? Rep'ing :D

Yep. That was an RL-p15 versus an ID10. I think we all know who won.

And I believe that mine came out of the very first batch of logo'd cones. So don't discriminate! :)

I was just wondering what current generation are the current RL-Ps??? 4th gen?

by cone, yeah(not counting signed cones)...motor and such..still the first.....basket, the second..lol..

really, nothing has changed on the rl-p since inception. but i guess cosmetics make a difference.....

so, like the 3.33 generation???