Sign in to follow this  
DeezyDee

No sound from Pioneer X5600BHS Double Din to 2010 Dodge using PAC RP4-

Good Sunday everybody, its been awhile since I was last on here.

Ive decided I wanted to get back into car audio, and I seen a deal on eBay hard to pass up. As Pioneer is loading out their "NEX" generation headunits it appears the older models are going for a good price. So I picked up a AVH-X5600BHS for my 2010 Dodge Challenger RT (with Boston Acoustic factory installed). I'm not very car audio inclined, so apologizes in advance if I sound off when describing my problem, or whats going on.

Friday I got everything in mail from online purchases, all brand new. I got the PAC RP4-CH11 wiring w/ interface, a AVH-X5600BHS Pioneer Double Din, Aftermarket Harness + Antenna. I decided to install that evening, so I went out and connected all the colors together, and plugged the radio in. I go no sound, but it powered on. I read through the manual, and adjusted the numeric dial on the PAC interface box to "7" as called out for a Pioneer/Other on the booklet. Reconnected, still no sound.

So I called PAC on Saturday to get some tech support, and we went over the wiring connections I currently have. Which was "White to White, White w/ Strip to White w/ Stripe, Gray to Gray, Yellow to Yellow, Red to Red, ect. And he changed things due to the fact I have an factory amp (Boston Acoustics in the J package Challenger). He went from green to white, purple to white, ect. Here is pictures below of his change.

Located in directory:   dkrtech.com/images

http://dkrtech.com/images/photo%204.JPG

http://dkrtech.com/images/photo%205.JPG

Here is the PAC handbook explaining why he switched the wires:

http://www.pac-audio.com/PACProductData/RP4-CH11/1_Instructions/rp4-ch11_instructions_050913.pdf

And still with him on the phone, and switching wires... Including blue w/ white stripe from the RP4 box to the radio, and dil on "7"

I still get no audio from my speakers. And I have checked the fader, and it is set to "O" center. And I even moved it to forward, still nothing.

Does anybody have an idea what is going on? Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Pioneer AVH-X5600BHS manual is located here for reference:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/Manuals/Car/AVH-X5600BHS_OwnersManual092513.pdf

I tried, and I really don't want to fork out 90 dollars for an install...

Because I take it out, plug in the factory radio, and my speakers work.

Thanks for any help,

Dustin

Basically in that picture. I have

Green to White

Green w/ Stripe to White w/ Stripe

Purple to Gray

Purple  w/ Stripe to Gray w/ Stripe

did u try bypassing the factory amp? I didnt read all that stuff cuz im at work and just browsing but we just hooked up a similar deal in my buddies eclipse and we had to run wires straight to the speakers because he didnt wanna spend 100 bucks on the wiring harness. if you have a extra speaker laying around try hooking it up to the HU and see whats up.

Well I don't know exactly what you mean by that because the PAC RP4-CH11 is a $100 wiring harness lol. I can put the factory radio back, and it plays audio through all the speakers/sub. The pioneer is somehow not sending signals correctly. It has to be wired wrong. But I don't know what to check. Ive tried matching color to color, and green to white, purple to gray ect like the pac tech guy said, still nothing.

hook a speaker directly up to the headunit wires and verify it plays. doesnt have to be installed in the car to do this use a battery or a power supply.

although I know nothing of that pac radio, I do see in the second pic of yours that an orange wire is not hooked up, could that be a constant....never mind.  answered my own question by looking closer ; )

Edited by THX_Elite

I would try another factory integration wiring harness. If you input all your details into crutchfields website they can point you in the right direction.