Wackzirth88

arc audio amp, looking for components

My uncle ordered a four channel for his bike and gave me an arc audio mini amp ( http://www.arcaudio.com/p/ks-125-2-bx-mini# ). Does 70 RMS @ 4 ohms x 2 and 125w @ 2 ohms x 2.

So now I'm looking for a good set of 5.25 component speakers. I have a 2001 Buick lesabre and that's wat size comes stock in the front doors. For substage I'm going to be running a 18" SSA Icon sealed off on approx 1000 watts. I want crisp highs and warm mid bass that will blend well with my sub stage.

Looking for good suggestions on a set in the 100-150 dollar range. My uncle has all Polk components in his truck and bike and think they ssound good. Any opinions on them?

Midbass that blends and 5.25 isn't going to happen. For the rest of your needs listening to a few sets will help narrow things down a ton.

Well i guess I'm looking for more midbass than wat I have which is stock. Could I get some type of adapter to make 6.5s fit?

Edited by zack w

No matter what you install you need an "adapter". I used quotes, because by adapter in this case I mean baffle. Bolting a speaker into the stock location won't do dick to help things, in fact you'd be better off improving the stock install. Mount the driver on a baffle, deaden, block the back wave and midbass will increase greatly.

Alright on the baffles, there's no issue with clearance with the door panel? I do plan to deaden the doors while I have the panels off. What exactly do you mean by block the back wave? Like enclose it?This is my first time trying to set up an amplified front stage, I really appreciate the info.

Isolate the sound wave coming from the back of the speaker so it can't mix with the sound wave coming from the front. ie, all those big holes in your doors need to be sealed off.

Just to put my comments in perspective I can use Blose as an example. I don't like them, but they illustrate this really well. They will sell a $1000 set of speakers that sound at least decent to good, not great but they do compete with speakers that are at least $500 and above. Now realize that the speaker cones that Bose is using are usually under a $1 each. Installation is what you need to work on the most. That they focus on, but IMO they could do a much better job if they actually spent some dough on components as well. Just isn't their business model.

What do I seal the big holes off with? Is it much work to make an adapter/baffle for 6.5 to fit? And is there going to be much different in output; obviously they're bigger but 1.25" doesn't seem like much.

lots of ways to seal the holes, making fiberglass covers is pretty common. 

Making a baffle require wood, a jig saw, and something to water proof the wood. First you need to take the door panels off and measure if it will fit. The stock speakers in my previous car were 5.25 but i managed to fit 8" midbass drivers behind the panel. So the stock size doesn't necessarily restrict you.