Sign in to follow this  
idiot

So my Denford stopped working

Anyone remember these? RFX8250? The major HU boner from a year or two ago? Anyway, I bought one on sale from Sounddomain and have been using it for maybe a year and a half.

The other day, the aux input suddenly decided to stop working, and I don

have you called their techs yet?

I haven't. I don't have any of my papers with me, so I'm not even sure what kind of warranty I have on the thing.

I'll give them a call or send an e-mail tomorrow. I'd be amazed if they would just exchange the unit with a new one, presuming that they can't fix the problem. But I somehow doubt they will have some available any longer. That was the impression I got when making this purchase: it'll be amazing as long as it works, but you're out of luck if it breaks, since rockford won't be able to repair it. :(

And damnit, I hate coming back to these boards! Always something new! I've been perfectly content with my system this past year and a half. But then something breaks and I start looking at this new Pioneer P880 unit...

This hobbie is stealing all my money! :faintthud:

This hobbie is stealing all my money!  :faintthud:

:peepwall::lol:

RF offers NO support for any of the denfords. They told me to contact denon and see if they can do anythign for me.

they said they had no parts left and dont plan to get anymore.

RF offers NO support for any of the denfords. They told me to contact denon and see if they can do anythign for me.

they said they had no parts left and dont plan to get anymore.

Pretty much what they told me. Did you try talking to Denon? I'd hate to see the 2-way shipping cost of sending that thing to Japan (plus any repair)...

I've sorta resigned myself to getting a new HU, at this point. I just wish that the P880 didn't have that damn motorized face that makes the front stick out so far. I like my HU's flush with my dash and sexy-sleek. For some reason, that's hard to find in the mid-priced decks. :(

Eclipse CD5000

Too ugly. ;)

I like the brushed aluminum classiness, since it sorta matches the cheap, painted aluminum plastic surrounding it. Here's my current dash:

dscf00617kx.jpg

Not the best lighting in the world, but you get the idea. I think that I'm slowly falling for the P880, despite the motorized face.