MikeJ

how do the RL-i compare to RL-p inSQ

How does the SQ of the Rl-i 10 compare to the RL-p12. I know the 12 should go lower. But do the subs have the same sound. I like how my RL-p 12 sounds. I have been thinking about running 2 but with the space I have it would have to be sealed and was thinking about the 10s. the amp I have would be great for 2 10s but for 2 12 I would need more power in a sealed box. I dont think 800w to 2 12 would be enough ported yes but sealed I dont think so. If the 10s sound the same as the 12s I think its a good option. Then use the 12 for HT.I am not letting the 12 go I am keeping.

Well thanks for your help

Mike J

the sound is close, real close. and those rl-i's will drop low, have no worries..lol..

i likes that plan(getting a pair of 10's)...do it, do it, do it!!!!!

btw, if you look on ROE, there is a vid mike did of an rl-i 10 sealed....you'll like it!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

RL-I does indeed drop low low as hell... Check out a video on ROE plays a song that goes down to like 15 hz just fine off half its RMS...

the sound from both subs will be very good, if installed right,

but the RL-p has the potential to have greater output and handle more power. but that is not saying it needs tons more power either,

I like the dual 10 idea, and the RL-p for HT would be very sweet!!

Every day I like the RL-p 12 more and more. I am going to try and see if I can fit a big enough box to try and put 2 in ported. This sub has to be the best bang for your buck. I am now a SS fan big time. If any one has a use 8 or 10 for sale let me know I just want to check one out. The 12 is staying in the car with a second 1 maybe. Dam they sound good :D

MJ

Glad you really like it Mike, it seems most customers take a few days but everyone comes to love them.

http://realmofexcursion.com/videos/SoundSplinter/rli10.1.wmv

vid for anyone wondering.

"track 6, woofer excursion test. this track tests the ability of the woofer to bah blah blah in owther words, to drop bottom without bottoming out...BOOOOMMMM"

its fun on the Ava 18. :D