I plan on running my sq 3500 @ 17 volts...has anybody had any problems with the amp at Tht voltage

I plan on running my sq 3500 @ 17 volts...has anybody had any problems with the amp at Tht voltage

You realize that will void your warranty.

You realize that will void your warranty.
Way to go in answering his question. Plus amps only have a year warranty so its not like he is missing out.

OP i dont see a problem since the amplifier has a working voltage up to 18.5 volts. If somebody had a problem it was more than likely user error. Call or email SQ themselves, if you are worried.

Edited by jay-cee

SQ gives output ratings for that amp to be ran on over 18 volts, you should be good.

SQ gives output ratings for that amp to be ran on over 18 volts, you should be good.

They give specs at higher voltages. It says it was tested at 14.4 not on higher voltages.

It's just capable of 18.5 but for how long?

There is a lot that goes into that. What size alt, how many batteries/size of batteries, the amount of clipping your putting amp through... But if you keep that gain low you shouldn't see any problems. It takes power to make power. Do you have fans to move cool air over the amp?

Just don't want to have the same problem as the ns1 does at those voltages...I say a guy with ns1 yesterday pop like popcorn

It says it will do it.

How reliable will it be.

I can't answer that because I have never done it.

I see the new line of sundown amps don't recommend running over 15 volts not shutting off.

Edited by pmureika