Sign in to follow this  
ncc74656

wiring option dual 4ga to 0

i have my Viper 2500.1D on 13' of 1/0 (OFC) power wire and 2' of ground (CCA). I have a 2500W inverter that I am going to install and need to run more wires for.

I have a group 49AGM directly under the truck where the amps are. I have some pure copper 2/0ga wiring that im going to use for power and ground.

the power inverter and the viper both have dual 4ga inputs for both power and ground instead of single 0ga.

what connectors would you recommend for the dual 4 to 2/0 connections?

would it be preferred to run the current 0ga to the power inverter and then run new 2/0ga to the battery under the truck?

so as im typing this im thinking: it would be best to just use a distro block for both power and ground. run 2 4ga runs or power and ground to the amps and a single 4ga run to the inverter. the length of these runs would be 1-2'. would there be any point in keeping the current 1/0ga wire from the front or just pull that out and run a 2/0 directly from the battery under the truck?

the battery under the truck has 2 2/0 runs@8' long to the front passenger side battery and a 2/0ga run@4' to the driver side battery under the hood. its grounded via a 2/0 to the frame@1' length.

i have my Viper 2500.1D on 13' of 1/0 (OFC) power wire and 2' of ground (CCA). I have a 2500W inverter that I am going to install and need to run more wires for. I have a group 49AGM directly under the truck where the amps are. I have some pure copper 2/0ga wiring that im going to use for power and ground. the power inverter and the viper both have dual 4ga inputs for both power and ground instead of single 0ga. what connectors would you recommend for the dual 4 to 2/0 connections? would it be preferred to run the current 0ga to the power inverter and then run new 2/0ga to the battery under the truck? so as im typing this im thinking: it would be best to just use a distro block for both power and ground. run 2 4ga runs or power and ground to the amps and a single 4ga run to the inverter. the length of these runs would be 1-2'. would there be any point in keeping the current 1/0ga wire from the front or just pull that out and run a 2/0 directly from the battery under the truck? the battery under the truck has 2 2/0 runs@8' long to the front passenger side battery and a 2/0ga run@4' to the driver side battery under the hood. its grounded via a 2/0 to the frame@1' length.

I'd leave what you have in there and run the extra wire to a distro block like these http://www.roseautoacc.com/24-hole-aluminum-distribution-blocks/ then go straight from there in to reducers http://www.roseautoacc.com/1-0-to-4-gauge-stud-reducers/  if you already have the wire or just make super short runs of 4awg ofc

Edited by nadcicle