Sign in to follow this  
stratusrt01

Debating (4) 8" RL-i's

I'm looking to blow some minds of the ghetto people around here who think bigger is better. I was thinking about running 4 RL-i 8's tuned to around 30hz off of a Hifonics 2006d. I'm hitting 142db currently with a single 9500 12, and would like to at least be just as loud, if not louder.

What do you guys think?

Hey I dont know if it will be louder but it sounds cool. I just ordered a pair of the 8s. I am try to see if I have enough room to port mine. If not I will order a 3rd one and run them seal.

You know if 8s wont do it 10s will just an idea. :wacky:

Good luck

I don't have room for 4 10's, plus just the "cool" factor of 8's, and talking to my wife, I think I'm going to let her run one of my TREO SSXD1500's at 1 ohm instead of getting her the Hifonics.

We aren't too hard on subwoofers, but I'm wondering how they would hold up under daily driving with 750 watts rms on each one.

Edited by stratusrt01

I don't have room for 4 10's, plus just the "cool" factor of 8's, and talking to my wife, I think I'm going to let her run one of my TREO SSXD1500's at 1 ohm instead of getting her the Hifonics. 

We aren't too hard on subwoofers, but I'm wondering how they would hold up under daily driving with 750 watts rms on each one.

Email Mike he would be the best one to ask about that amount of power on the 8s. I am going to give 2 400 a each or if I go with 3 it will be 266 each.

Latter

PS: when you get them we need pics.

PS: when you get them we need pics.

:eek5wavey:

to add to above, 500 watts per RL-i has seemed to be plenty on a good number of accounts from different customers, they can take the power but I believe 300 is the sweet spot,

I've got an old BP1200.1 laying around that would put 300 watts to each, maybe I'll try both and see which sounds best.

:)