Sign in to follow this  
haydenlake

Anyone Heard JL ZR comps yet? Any good

As you might be able to tell from the title I am looking for a pair of really good sq 6.5 comps. I've had MB Q "Q" series (terribly dissapointed) and a few other not so great coax's and cheaper separates.

I've heard the JL XR series in my friends car as well as demo rooms and they seem hard to beat at that price but if the ZR's are far better I'll just buck up the $ and do it.

Just heard lots of separates from Focal anywhere from 300-850 and I wasn't all that impressed. I liked the one's for 850 (165 K2P's) but I just didn't think they justified the cost. Well who know's it all changes when you get it into a car anyway.

PS I have plenty of power but I'm not doing kicks because of space and I'm bad at glass. 06 highlander will have tons of dampening and door seal is way above average.

I too am curious if the quality vs. price is good "bang for the buck".

Hope the experts or those with experience chime in to help - sorry, I'm not much help either.

E

Nothing about JL anything is bang for the buck.  Even the dealer pricing is retarded.

:wacky:

I just just bought the VR series 6x9s and 5.25 components - they are sounding amazing , even with 2 of the new KickerCVZ's in my trunk , they still ring loud clear , and distortion free - I have a Memphis 75x4 M-Classs amp on them at about 50%gain. Dont know if this is a help to anyone.

I'd have to disagree about the JL products and not being good for the money. I finally installed my pair of ZR's and they sound great. Its even harder to find a super good four channel amp with all the features the JL 300/4 has for $300. if you can point out others let me know so I have them in mind for my next boat install.

I've only heard a few CDT's and they sounded fine but since that was so long ago I couldn't remember anything about them or the models.

I only found one place to buy Rainbows on the net and I don't have any retailers around me. It seemed like they have sooooo many choices of comp sets it was almost confusing, but they we'rnt cheap either.

The speaks I hated most regardless of money were my MB Q Q series (paid 275 instead 650 retail) given the chance again I might put 50 bones on em. haha

I'd have to disagree about the JL products and not being good for the money. I finally installed my pair of ZR's and they sound great. Its even harder to find a super good four channel amp with all the features the JL 300/4 has for $300. if you can point out others let me know so I have them in mind for my next boat install.

What kind of boat?