Sign in to follow this  
landon1977

Power for Magnum D2 12

Will 480 watts be a sufficient amount of power for this sub? What's the best box I should use for this amount of power? I was thinking the recommended 2 cubic foot tuned to 29Hz would be a good choice but was wondering if there's anything else I should consider if I purchase one of these subs. Thanks.

can we ask what amp you plan on pushing it with?

oh yeah and welcome to SSAudio

as long as you put it in a ported box youll be find for now...

you can always save up for a bigger amp or even another D2 plus abigger amp...

good luck

jamie

I'm using a 1995 model RF Power 50x2 bridged to 1ohm. I'm unsure if I want to go for a different amp right now. I'd prefer not to but it's a possibility. If I decide to get a different amp I was considering going with a 12" Brahma or XXX and running it off either a Brutus 1500D, Viper D1200.1, or a JBL BP1200.1. Basically, I'm looking for the best sub(s) in the $250-$300 range to go with my current amp. I don't really want to drop alot of money on my system since the sub is the last thing I need.

I actually have 4 Phoenix Gold QX8's currently (only had my car since December and haven't installed my amps yet) and was thinking of putting them in a four cubic foot box tuned to 48Hz but I may have them sold (hopefully). And if I go with 2 subs I'm going to run them in a sealed box. I drive a 2003 Focus ZX3 and want to save some of the hatch.

Or does anyone think I'd be better off with my four 8's ported? They handle 125 watts RMS so it'd probably be pretty loud. I just don't think they'd play low enough for my liking. I'm kinda drawing a blank as to what I should do. So far I haven't been in any particular hurry either. :D

Edited by landon1977

you oculd unload the 8's and run a single 12, but wow your getting some good power out of that power RF, the best I have seen was 390ish

I'm just assuming that's what I'll be getting. I had two of these amps about 5 years ago and they were both making around 480 so I just assume this one will, too.

Edited by landon1977

it is ok. i have installed one with 350 out of a kicker dx700 and it is still pretty loud for that little power