Sign in to follow this  
bigfastmike

Install Pics

Looks nice, probably loud as hell. I like the 2-tone on the box. How's that new alpine amp?

Looks nice, probably loud as hell. I like the 2-tone on the box. How's that new alpine amp?

I replaced a Memphis 75x4 with the PDX Alpine. I couldn't believe how much better it sounds! I have to run the gains ALL the way down on rear speaks and just a bump up for fronts. It is almost too much power for the Kicker SS comps... Almost. Then a few weeks ago I replaced the Memphis 1000d with the 2 mono Alpines. It Definately feels like twice the power.

Those Alpines are nice, but just to espensive

Only retail is expensive. $500 for a new PDX is well worth the money. Aaamazing how much mark-up there is.

I like the new box, have you tried firing the subs up?

Just asking as a fellow explorer owner.

I just want the sub amp.

Even dealer's get a crappy discount

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-G7NzrS9BSme/c...00PDX1100&g=120

Sorry, but $800 for 1000+ watts isnt a good deal

Actually, the PDX sub amp is lacking in the "balls" department. The MRD has more output and control on deep bass. The little PDX is a sexy lil booger tho and 1000 watts at any load is a plus too. Also, I am pretty sure dealer cost is under $600.

I would rather have the subs firing up but, My pit likes to ride with me and lays on top of the box sometimes. Not good on subs.

Pointing them up would lessen the rattles in the hatch area. I had a hard time dampening the hatch. Almost impossible to tame rattles from auto hatch release mech.

I would rather have the subs firing up but, My pit likes to ride with me and lays on top of the box sometimes. Not good on subs.

Pointing them up would lessen the rattles in the hatch area. I had a hard time dampening the hatch. Almost impossible to tame rattles from auto hatch release mech.

Ok now I need pics of the pits please. I have 1 Pit and 1 Staffordshire Bull Terrier.

Staff is in pic with my sub he is about 14-15" and is 45lbs

I just mention it because Explorers tend to gain in SPL with upward fired subs, but seem to have better lower end extention with rear fired.

I just mention it because Explorers tend to gain in SPL with upward fired subs, but seem to have better lower end extention with rear fired.

I totally agree. One of the installers at my shop has 2 Memphis LVS 12 in firing up in his 04 Explorer. More output but the bass does not build up firing upwards like mine does. Very similar to home setups with putting a sub in the sorner vs against a single wall. Kewl thing it it hits so hard the headunit shook and headliner looked like it had more excursion than the subs but had very little cabin rattle. I did stick my head once over the back of the box so see if I could hear if the subs were bottoming out. DAMN it was loud back there!

Edited by bigfastmike