Sign in to follow this  
budros

Rl-p IA20.1

Hey there guys... Im sorta new to wiring. so bare with this simple question, i have a IA 20.1 and i want to run sound splinter subs. Now the question is, rl-i 8 / rl-p12 / rl-p 15. Room right now is not the issue. the 20.1 puts out this power:

IA20.1: Class D monoblock amplifier has one channel and is rated at 450 watts @ 4 ohms, 900@ 2 ohms, and 1800 @ 1 ohm.

With that said im sure i could do rl-p's (4 12's or 4 15's) wired at .5 ohm or something or do like rl-i's (8 8's)

Any suggestions as to a setup with this kinda power?

looking for

sq---------------LSQ-----(+)--------spl

Theres my graph on waht kinda sound im looking for. I hope that informative ASCII graph helps.

Thanks -

budros

4 RL-P 15s @ .5 ohm ftw easily... That would wang so hard and sound so clear. I F'n Love my 2 12s on the Merlin I couldn't imagine 4 15s...

that is an awesome amplifer, many have run it at .5 daily that I have read....

with that said, the 4 12's if you have the space, would be sick!!

you are going to want to be in the range of 2.0 - 2.5 cubes for the 12's and 2.5 - 3.5 cubes for the 15's, there is another member on here with a wall of 4 15" RL-ps he might be able to help.

If you are going with the 15s, the ideal box for you would be 2.75ft^3 w/ 35in^2 of port area per driver, tune the port to 33hz. I've ran the 15s like that and was very happy with it.

I also currently have that amp and if you can give it voltage, it'll pump all 4 15s pretty well. Half ohm on that amp is 2400 watts. I had 1500 on a pair of 15s, so 2400 should do just fine.