Sign in to follow this  
budros

Sundownz + Mags

Im looking at getting 2 SAZ-1500D and 1 SAZ-100.2 Thats enuf power for alot of setups. Is it too much for 2 SI mag 15? What is the max a 15 si mag d2 can handle?

1500 per driver, no prob assuming you can properly supply the voltage and current necessary to support this. Just make sure you are careful as you are way over the Mag's rating and burnt coils are NOT covered under warranty.

=( burnt coils wa, but 1500 should be ok. 300Amp alt + 2 2150 Ody and a 1200 ody under the hood and dual 1/0 wiring. this is all in the making not sure just looking around still. I know mags are LSQ but im wondering if i want this much SQ, or less.

3000+ watts and dual 15s is not exactly a sound quality setup. :wacko:

Great sound at insane volume levels is more like it. ;)

You have the appropriate building blocks.

Many Stereo Integrity customers run 1500+ watt amplifiers on their Mag 12s and 15s. You just need to be responsible with setting the gains and controlling the volume knob and you will be good to go.

The Mag coils are extremely large and are quite durable, but you would have enough power on tap to burn them up if you do not set everything up properly. The SAZ-1500D is a great match for a Mag, in fact, it's what I have in my car -- just be reasonable when setting it up :)

Yeah the building is getting smaller , due to realizing im ****ing 20... (ew i swore)

This is the most reasonable idea... with the new sundownz comming out, i can get a deal plus come out with some amazing stuff... IMO

Setup

IVA-w20

H701

Ipod 60gig

(1)(sub amp)

SAZ-1500D

(1)(sub)

SI Mag D2 15"

(1)(front amp)

SAX-100.2

(1)(front)

Crystal Mobile Sound SSCS-6

(1)(elect)

2150 Ody:D

(1)(elect)

1200 Ody

Big 3, with single 1/0, and single 1/0 for power and ground, stock alt for now.:D

Upgrades in the future

In addition to above...:crazy:

(1)SAZ-1500D

(1)Si Mag D2 15"

(1)(dual front)Crystal Mobile Sound SSCS-6 (run the 100.2 at 2 ohm)

I think it is a good set up with out hearing it so far.

Yeah i think it will be too. Just gota make that cash now. Hoping to get amps and sub by end of month. =P

I have tested the MAG and listened to the sundown, but not at the same time,

both were excellent from my experience

i have 2 SI 15s and love them i was running 2 MA4000ds on them now i am going to have 4 sundown audio SAZ-1500d's and i am gonna be pushing them to the max both subs and amps i have 4 batts 2 alts and 1/0ga wire feeding them all :fing34: im gonna LOVE IT ill let you all know how it goes

yikes thats an install I would love to hear!

i cant wait till i get it all finnished ill post pics and vids if i can ill get some # for here too if i get it dont in time maybe a few trophy too lol