Sign in to follow this  
Jester1318

Little wiring help

So today I had a buddy of mine helping with the BIG 3 in my truck. He accidentally hit the positive termninal of the battery with a grounded ratchet. When I Asked if he had disconnected the power wire for the amps he said no. I checked the inline fuse and the fuses at the distro block.... all was good so I hoped for the best.

When we finished up and turned on the truck... nothing. After much testing I have determined the 2 USA-50 to possibly be toast but the USA-200 seems to still be good. So unhooked the amps, hooked up the 200 and still no power. When I test the power wires and grounds at the amp i am getting something like ~3 volts WTF.

On a side note one USA-50 seems to have a bad RCA, if I move around the RCAs I get sound out of the amps but not the 200.

I have checked the fuses and wire as much I thought needed to be checked, but is there something I am missing? I am about ready to just call it quits with this whole stereo thing........

Ok I am getting ~12 volts on either side of the fuses now. But I am still getting no power or protect lights on the amps.

Could it be the remote wire that is the problem and how should I go about testing that, also what other fuses would you look at besides the inline and fuses at the distro block, I have checked nearly every visible fuse in the truck but will do so again...

This is what has been checked so far, all fuses have been checked and will be checked again. the battery has been tested and came out good. i am getting ~12 volts (not running) until the remote wire is hooked up or jumpered from the 12volt signal.

Anyone have any ideas

i am getting ~12 volts (not running) until the remote wire is hooked up or jumpered from the 12volt signal.

So the voltage at the amplifier's battery input terminal drops if you connect any power source to the REM input on the amplifier?

yeah but I have it working. Apparently these older amps are not as forgiving as newer, I pushed a bit on the RCA of one amp and the rest seem to follow in suit and are up and running, Im about to go back out and see if the 200 will be working too.

ok, i lied. its no longer working. I Got fed up with it and decided to just take the fuse out for the night, ill either be getting rid of it all or trouble shooting some more.

I am almost sure it is the headunit, so I will prob just take it out and have it repaired or replaced if i can talk enough to the guys I bought it from