vladd

More fiero stuff

So this is what i've been up to for the past week, 2 gallons of spectrum firewall on the inside of the fiero, i figure i'll buy another gallon and a roll of raammat just for the roof/doors.

The quarter windows were broken so i made some of those too, the driver's side is still hardening and i haven't even trimmed out the other yet, but they look god so far. considering replacements are $200+ i'd rather try using my leftover fiberglass first.

7-16-06014.jpg

7-16-06015.jpg

7-16-06016.jpg

7-16-06017.jpg

7-16-06018.jpg

7-16-06019.jpg

7-16-06020.jpg

7-16-06021.jpg

looks awsome bro!!!!!!!!!!!!

J

Looks like a lot of work, but in the future I think I might lean towards the paint on for the floor instead of the mat which gets painstaking over such a larger surface.

with the humidity sometimes the liquid would take a few hours to dry, but when the sun was out and the humidity dropped i could put a thick coat on the driver's side and it would dry by the time i had a coat on the pass side.

with the humidity sometimes the liquid would take a few hours to dry, but when the sun was out and the humidity dropped i could put a thick coat on the driver's side and it would dry by the time i had a coat on the pass side.

Is it flammable? I have a big arse Nipco heater that I can turn my garage into a blast furnace with. Makes it fun to work on the cars when it is but ass cold outside.

Is it flammable? I have a big arse Nipco heater that I can turn my garage into a blast furnace with. Makes it fun to work on the cars when it is but ass cold outside.

No. Spray gun makes it look way nicer and is soooo much eaiser to use

IS that original Spectrum or did they go back to white?

its spectrum firewall, and i probably wouldn't spray it, i enjoy the brush cause i can put it between the small cracks, behind panels that aren't removeable

looks nice brings back memories of when i had my 84. i miss that car.

nice work!

looks awesome, some day i hope to cover the Impala's floor with that stuff

Seeing this makes me want a sound off vehicle.........some day some day.....

J

more pics...

P7140006.jpg

P7140005.jpg

P7140007.jpg

last pic is just for my reference..

But..an update on the actual effectiveness of spectrum firewall. I was amazed, my father was a amazed and my mother was amazed. This is not some miracle juice that makes your car a completely sound proof vehicle, but it made a huge difference in the engine sound that passed into the engine compartment on the fiero. Of course these are not quiet vehicles to begin with, so the spectrum had its work cut out for it

so we wetsanded it..... the black panels turned red, the primered hood was red underneath also. That was yesterday, today we fixed the blemishes that were left over and removed the pass lower quarter panel so i can try to fix the ground effect tomorrow (read PITA)

Not bad bro............keep goin!!!

J

keep the pictures coming.

Sweet, that is a lot of work :( , but it is going to be worth it :)

At least no one has reported you

lol you have no idea where i live my friend. It's seriously a TINY town (population under 200, 120 IIRC). nobody reports anyone for anything.

but yes it is looking good, it's in primer now and looks much better

it kinda made me think of a speeding plastic dart from the carnival...........going so fast its plastic is melting to black

J