jacka

Rl-i 10"

Okay.. soo. I've been checkin out these soundsplinter subs for a while now, never really had the chance to get anything due to money issues. First post so here we go. Heard excellent things and then some about the Rl-p's, but can't afford them. So I'm lookin at some Rl-i 10's right now. Right now I have dual Diamond D6's 12". From what I heard they are a step below the rl-p in output, but they get loud enough for me. Just can't keep them anymore though. How do the Rl-i's sound and whats the best box for SQ and SPL combo? I don't really understand the graphs on the site. Any comparison to the D6 line would be awesome also. And I'm running a Diamond D6 1000.1 amplifier, how will the rl-i's take it?

i'm enjoying my rl-i 10 in a Decware Deathbox and 500w. it can get plenty loud (and really low for a home setup). i haven't heard any Diamond subs, so i can't compare :(

Edited by Adrian_D

There was a member on here Kujio that run a pair of RL-i 10s sealed with 1200 watts on them and loved them. Just be smart with the gain on your amp and they should hold the power. I don't have the SS RL-i 10, but I have 2 Eclipse 10's that are very similar and they have held up to some serious beatings, not to mention my RL-i 8 is the most solid 8 I have ever seen.

the rl-i 10's are awesome subs...like denim said, my rl-i 8 is a beast. it makes the L7 8 look like a baby...lol...

that said, there are a few vids at ROE that highlite the rl-i 10...check them out...they get nasty low and have great output!

as to boxs, well...depends on if you want ported or sealed...peaky or flat...mike can give you some great recommendations...

as to the power, i gave my rl-i8 1700wrms for a bit..lol...didn't like it, but it took it, in 1.25ft^3 tuned to 34hz...so a pair of rl-i's should love 1kwrms, in the proper enclosure and with the right gain settings. the nice thing about SS subs, they will very clearly tell you when you are overdriving them...you just need to listen and then back off...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

man, i can only find videos of the rl-i 12". theres only one of the 10" sub. what happened to the 12" anyway?

what happened to the 12" anyway?

Mike pulled it out of the line up, and might be bringing it back.

well.. i'm considering doing dual RL-p 12s now, or perhaps a rl-p 15. I have a D6 1000.1 and can upgrade to the 1500.1 if i get the rl-p 12s. which setup will closely match the output of my dual diamond d6 12"? they had 16.5 xmax, i know its not a deciding factor but it was sealed, so yeah.