Sign in to follow this  
bobby_7

Fruity Loops anyone....?

so i just got Fruity Loops 6 and i have been messing around with it. well i figured out how to make beats and stuff, i have a little beat going (just starting with some easy hip-hop beats for now). anyway, all it does is it makes a little like 3 second loop of the beat i made, and i am trying to make it keep going and i want to record a song, and mix different beats i've made. anyone know how to use Fruity Loops or know of any good forums i can go to?

I have been trying to get used to that for the past year or so. May be FL5, but it's way too overwhelming for me. AWESOME program though. I love the voice synthesis.

My brother used it a couple years back. He got reason and never looked back.

Now i think he uses garageband ( has a mac now)

My brother used it a couple years back. He got reason and never looked back.

Now i think he uses garageband ( has a mac now)

Right now I am using a combination of Reason (blows FruityLoops completely out of the water), Garageband, and Soundtrack. I have used Logic and Protools in the past for live recording/production.

Personally, I hate FruityLoops. It doesn't really have the functionality needed to be a full-fledged production suite, which for this type of application is necessary, and the learning curve is extremely high. I feel it is more of a toy than anything else, and honestly, it isn't worth learning, even if you are just getting started.

If you are just getting into music/audio production, please, save yourself the pain, and invest in a Mac with GarageBand and Reason.

yea, im trying to get a copy of Reason 3.0 now. im not really trying to do anything major with this, im not gonna go buy me a Mac so i can do it all, but i just thought it'd be fun to learn a bit and maybe make a few things. well after playing with fruity loops for a while, its very obvious it is extremely overwhelming and extremely tough to learn. its almost no fun anymore because i can't figure the stupid thing out.

Go to your local Apple Store and ask one of the staff to show you Garageband, they usually have a PowerMac setup with a MIDI keyboard. Trust me, it will change your whole way of thinking.

If you want some ReFills (samples/loops/instruments) for Reason I have a bunch of public domain stuff I have collected (4GB worth) that I could hook you up with.

Go to your local Apple Store and ask one of the staff to show you Garageband, they usually have a PowerMac setup with a MIDI keyboard. Trust me, it will change your whole way of thinking.

If you want some ReFills (samples/loops/instruments) for Reason I have a bunch of public domain stuff I have collected (4GB worth) that I could hook you up with.

im afraid that if i go check out garageband, it will change my whole way of thinking, and i dont have the money to do that. haha.

when i finally get a copy of reason, i will let ya know. thanks.

basiclly if u want to make the song longer, every track u make will be its own track, you then place the tracks in the song thing. wt all the boxes and what not.

the more boxes you strectch out will determine the length of the song. If that makes since.

basiclly if u want to make the song longer, every track u make will be its own track, you then place the tracks in the song thing. wt all the boxes and what not.

the more boxes you strectch out will determine the length of the song. If that makes since.

yea, i believe its called the playlist. i read a tutorial on how to do it, and i can see the playlist and where it has my one beat in there, but i can't figure out how to add any more beats to the playlist...

ok it should be like tracks from 1-10 i think, and u can click on teh number and it will bring up an empty track.

There should be another screen that u can bring up it might be playlist don't remember, but there its diffrent colored blocks. And basiclly the block is once of the tracks.

2os9.gif

hope this helps more