shooff96

rli-10 install help

I have a pair of rli-10's on the way to me. (Thanks Mike) They will be going into two separate boxes with these dimensions.

Mounting Depth - 6"

width - 20"

height - 14"

bottom depth - 8"

top depth - 5"

.66 cubic ft. interior air space per box

They are going into a regular cap truck, one behind driver seat, and one behind passenger seat. My HU is a Pioneer deh-780. I also have a US amp xt2000d on the way. I listen to rock, country, and rap.

I'm still learning about this car audio stuff. Should I put any poly-fill in the boxes before installing the drivers. Do they need anything special as far as break-in? What should I do with the amp as far as set-up? (gain, frequency, etc.) What size power wire for the amp? Do I need a capacitor?

Sorry for so many questions, but thanks for the help.

Ben

hey ben, welcome to the forum.!!!! and great pirchase(s) btw!!

first answer..polyfill..try it without first, and then with. let your ears decide which you like better. good rule of thumb is 16oz of fill per cubic ft. play aorund with it a bit. remember, it has to stay fluffy and loose or you'll defeat the purpose of polyfill

break in...give them a coupel of hours before you wang real hard...

amp setup..there is a gain setting tutorial in the forum, read that and you'll be good to go. crossover..sealed and tens, i'd say about 100-110hz...

if the amp is a 2kwrms one (i'm not sure) 0 guage is the way to go..otherwise 4 gauge...

capacitor? no way. upgrade your factory battery to a yellowtop or similiar performer.

hope that helps some. i'm sure you'll get even more opinions as the night rolls on. in the end, it's your ears that have to decide the best setup. we can give you ideas/opinions, but we can't tell you what you like.

good luck and welcome again!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Welcome ban, and great buy for sure,

as to what Kent said, follow it, as for the sound, set the gains correctly and play around with the polyfill if you want and go from there, those guide lines are there for you to start with a good base. From there you can adjust to your listening preferences, some people like more gain than others, some like more polyfill etc.