Sign in to follow this  
mikeyboc

Active set up off 4-channel

I want to run an active front stage. I am using an AC DQX and an Audison VRx 4.300. Here is a clip out of the manual:

4300inputya2.png

Is this the correct way to wire the set up?

inputlayoutgu6.png

I just want another opinion before I run my tweeet off the bandpass output of the DQX, or something along those lines. (sorry for the crap diagram, but the middle section is the RCA inputs, and the speaker terminals are on the outsides).

Thanks.

Instead of bandpassing the tweets you should bandpass the mids and highpass the tweeters.

Instead of bandpassing the tweets you should bandpass the mids and highpass the tweeters.

LOL, I know to high pass the tweets. I just watned to see if those speaker terminals would correspond to the RCA inputs carrying the correct signal. Is there any way to see exactly what speaker terminals each RCA input sends the signal to?

Did you notice that audison puts the terminals backwards from normal amps ?

Things did seem a little off from what I have dealt with before. That is why I wanted to make sure I had all the inputs correct before continuing.

NVM, after looking at the pic from the manual, I realize I posted the answer to my question in the first post. I am an idiot. LOL.

LOL, I know to high pass the tweets. I just watned to see if those speaker terminals would correspond to the RCA inputs carrying the correct signal. Is there any way to see exactly what speaker terminals each RCA input sends the signal to?

Just wanted to make sure since you used the words bandpass and tweet together in the original post. What drivers are you using?

Make sure you protect your tweeters with an in-line capacitor. Things like turn on/off pop and accidentally turning off your HPF (AC digital crossovers tend to forget settings) will kill them pretty quick.

C = 1/(2*pi*f*R)

R = impedance of the tweet

f = cutoff frequency

If you were to use, say the LPG 25NFA tweeter:

C = 1/(2*3.14*1700*8) = 1.1708, EE-5

You would want to look for a non-polarized 11.7uF capacitor.

I've never found the need to protect mine with an inline cap. A little common sense and having your ears open will be fine as well.