Sign in to follow this  
platnum accord

best enclosure tpe for a honda accord

i drive a 2000 4 dr honda accord.

i was just wondering like who has built what type of enclosure, and what they have tuned it to to get best LSQ reults.

currently i have a small 800Wrms amp on the way. subs are still under debate. what would pound hard in my car and what would you reccoment for a sub, under the 400 dollar price range.i am on a budget.

Edited by platnum accord

$400 for both subs?

I would do a ported enclosure subs back port back. Net volume and port size/tuning will depends on what drivers you decide to select. :)

In a 97 accord, I had dual 15" ascendant avalanches, sealed, 4 cubes, memphis mojo. Didn't get to port that setup, but I figure you want to use a maximum of 6-7cubes external to make sure you dont block the trunk off when rear firing (of course...unless you wall off the trunk firing forward).

Something like an Fi Q 15", ported 4 cubes tuned 28Hz, fire it all back. With two 12's of anything you'll pay too much to get nothing over a single 15 - most likely wont find a sub that cant handle 800W anyways.

right on, so a single 15 is the way to go you think?

i would like to get a 15, but i guess i have fallen for the myth that subs that have the biggest mags rumble the most, not are the loudest but have the ability to shake the car.

i had 2 oldschool, well they are 3 years old now, but i had 2 clif designs 10's that pounded the piss out of my car, and recently i got 2 12 inch subs and they have ablut 100 oz mags, compaired to the 200 oz mags the clifs had, but in short these 12's dont rumble at all, they just are kinda loud, and even then its an sq type sound not spl loud.

I mean, two 12's have got a 15 beat by a little bit - but its really useful when you got a lot of power you need to distribute. I like the way DD/Audioque put it: http://www.audioque.com/aq/whatSubs.htm. Basically figure what room you've got and what power you're gonna push and then decide how many coils you need.

As far as magnet goes: you cant draw anything from magnet size/weight and most companies use the same magnet through a line. This offers pirce cuts/savings to producer/consumer. JL W7 is a good example: different magnet per size("custom design per size" if you will), solid reputation, and good service at a high price. Most people can't afford or justify the difference though.

But you also mentioned "LSQ" so I thought you wanted more quality than quantity. If you want to pound, look at the Fi BL. Same price, more efficiency, less throw, use it in a box like 4 cubes tuned to 35Hz.

Not to push Fi too much, but a Mag is kinda over your price range and they're looking like one of the best bang-for-the-buck companies out there (Fi that is).

Edited by Tommythecat

haha thought i corrected that, but it comes up the same every time. i want to basically do sq but i need to be able to do over a 140db's to get full points on part of it. or it was a 139.9 or something. i have looked into tonality, staging, all that stuff, and i think i could get it done but i jus need somethine in my car that will hit over a 140. if i can get it done with as few subs mids and tweets as possible the better :)

Edited by platnum accord

Well if you're serious enough to give up the space for competing, you could probably make a box large enough for an 18 without "sealing" the pressure in the trunk. But I think you'd have to look at how you could accomodate a 7-8 cube (external) box and still have somewhere to put your equipment. I like the 5-6 cube idea because it allowed for trunk floor space for amps and such.

Well if you're serious enough to give up the space for competing, you could probably make a box large enough for an 18 without "sealing" the pressure in the trunk. But I think you'd have to look at how you could accomodate a 7-8 cube (external) box and still have somewhere to put your equipment. I like the 5-6 cube idea because it allowed for trunk floor space for amps and such.

yeah true enough. i dont have any money for big badass drivers right now, so i just want to gather the materials.

would 1600Wrms split to 2 subs be able to do 140?

Keep in mind the ratings numbers. Are we talking realistic numbers like Sundown Audio, Better Audio, Crossfire, Kicker or Some BS Like Boss, BOOM, Power Linear?

Also 140+..........lets see here for LQS I personally would look for a used Crossfire 1000D or prahaps a Sundown amp, and a pair of Kicker SOLO 10's (old school black cones or the newest). Try ebay for those.

Keep in mind the subs I plug are subs I have personally heard. The Sundown amp, I plug based upon reviews, online data, and the fact that their amps are on my list of possible amps for my next setup.

J

Well I don't know if anybody has posted this yet...But I think if you went with just one good 12'' sub you would be off to a better start. Because if you think about it, you may be on a budget now, but if later you got some more money in your hands, you would already have One nice sub, so you could put the money towards another of the good subs, which would give you two good subs. But if you spent the $400 dollars on two subs, then odds are you aren't going to like the setup later on, and you'll have to replace both subs with something better. Which would mean you kinda would be wasting the money for those subs. Right?

But then again, if you're more into the competing and such, then obviously two subs would be better. And yes, 1600 watts provided for two subs in a nice box would be able to give you a 140. BTW are you doing a wall? Or are you talking 140 at port?

I have a 02 Honda Civic, and I made a t-line enclosure for myself with a blueprint from Team Toxic Bass. It really sounds great, and all I really need to emphasize is that the only way you would be able to get close to 140 db is by making a good enclosure for the subs.

Good Luck man!

haha thought i corrected that, but it comes up the same every time. i want to basically do sq but i need to be able to do over a 140db's to get full points on part of it. or it was a 139.9 or something. i have looked into tonality, staging, all that stuff, and i think i could get it done but i jus need somethine in my car that will hit over a 140. if i can get it done with as few subs mids and tweets as possible the better :)

My Friend has one 12" Fi Q in a 2.5 Cu.Ft. ported box in a trunk of a cadillac, also the seat does not fold down he is doing a 141.6 with a pos Audio baun 1200 watt amp.

ok new development.

amp is now going to be a sundown 1500d as i finally could afford it, but im still to poor for the TL to do some testing.

so the amp is huge and the subs i am going to be getting (hopefully) if my dealer buddy pulls through is 2 clarion pxw1552's.

fudge the trunk im building an enclosure where my back seats are, but not a wall.

im thinking like 3-4 cubes per sub witha whackload of port area. which is yet to be determind based on im still looking to find out what frequency my car peaks at.

so if anyone has that info post it up right away please.

so yeah, any tips or tricks as of now would be great. amp should be a week or 2 away and the build should be whenever homehardware gets in more sheets of mdf for me...