smokinkane

Help, TC1000 15" for HT use box parameters 4ohm 300w with winisd

I helped my dad land a TC1000 15" when they were on sale, since he is going to only use 1 we went with the SVC version. He got a 300w Bash to power it, and now we need to nail down box parameters. I'm thinking of a box around 9 cubes tuned to 15hz, but I don't know where to place the port? Does it matter? The parameters of the sub are:

15" TC-1000

Qts 0.346

Qes 0.381

Qms 3.82

Fs 15.6Hz

Res 3.66Ω

Ls 2.64mH

Lp 3.58mH

Rp 3.16Ω

Dia 320mm

Vas 393l

mms 238g

cms 433um/N

bl 15.0T*m

Spl 87.8dB

If you think a 9 cube ported box is the wrong way to go, please let me know what we need to build. This home theatre sub will be used mostly for movies, some music probably 80% HT, 20% music. I don't know how to use WINISD, otherwise I would do this my self. This driver is new enough that tc forums don't really have anybody that has built one yet. By the way, I purchase an MJ-18 for my brothers Honda Passport, and it hurts with the parts express buttkicker :)

Edited by smokinkane

Wow, pretty flat response with that tuning.

that'll shake a foundation, lol

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Have you considered going with a Sonotube rather than building a box? They're cheap and you can get yourself going within a few hours. Sub on the bottom, port on top.

Best,

Mark

Not to mention a 9.5cF Sonotube would look cool and imposing in the room :P

I agree with the sonotube. That size and tuning looks good. It shouldn't really matter, but I would try to have both port and sub downfiring.

Sonotubes are cool, but don't worry too much about port location as long as you are away from edges. moving parts, and have enough port area. Enjoy that thing, it should be a beast in that box!

No Sonotube, its just not for the decor of the room. It was mentioned and talked about but the wife factor slammed it down, haha. But thanks for the suggestion, the box should be finished before to long. I will post some pics when its finished, can't wait to feel the low notes.