Sign in to follow this  
Banshee

Do BL's get low?

So after selling my Avalanche, i put my 2 13kv.2's back in my car. This is when i realize how amazingly low the avalanche gets. I am almost set on purchasing a 15" BL to replace the avalanche, but i just want to be sure that i will not be dissapointed with the low frequencies. I know it will get loud, but hell my 13kv's matched my avalanche at certain frequencies too. (BL will be on 1200 watts in 3.5 @30hz if it matters much)

Anyone with experience with an avalanche as well as a BL (or other Fi sub, i assume they are a bit similar) please give me some input. I want to be absolutely positive that the BL will be $300 well spent. thanks.

i personally think the BLs get plenty low. i am half powering two BLs right now and running an epic-160 to my amp and i can pick up some pretty loud low frequencies.

i have never heard an avalanche but i know all about their awesome sound quality, and better yet, their lows.

i would like an avalanche in my HT setup but i will probably go with a Q or two...

In a well built enclosure, it will get realy low and retain SQ, same goes for any Fi product from SSD to BTL.

Does BL get low....?

Is a frogs ass water tight ?

LOL sorry always wanted to say that...

BL's can get low (as well with any sub Fi makes) just remember that the enclosures is just as important in the "get low" equation..

yeah, i totally understand that the box has something to do with it. but some subs definetely produce lows alot more profoundly than others. i just don't want to be stuck with a sub that bangs only in the 50 hz range. Seems like the BL is a solid sub though, i can't wait to place my order.

actually you can make a box that will have the BL play louder at 50hz... or you can make it play louder at 30 hz...

I think what you mean to ask is it optimized for the low end of the freq. range...

the answer is it would rather play at 30hz than at 50hz...

I just recently traded off my Ava 15", I replaced it with a single 10" BL. In a 1.2 cuft ported 35hz box, its VERY low, and its only a 10" sub!

It sounds very similar to my Ava, only a little less loud being only a 10". Honestly, my BL 10 sounds louder than some 12" subs I have heard.

The BL is getting the same RMS that the Ava did, 1200 rms from a 9.1. Its plenty low, I believe if you get a BL 15" and give it the same power you were giving your Ava, you will be very please!!

Sign in to follow this