Sign in to follow this  
Upstage Audio

New from CDT!!!

well, haven't been around for a bit so I'd thought i'd drop by and say hello. Been busy with my new job cause working in a car audio place sucks....only the owner makes the money. But just to let you on some new products, CDT has offered the 2in driver in the HD line. Uses a different coating on the cone than the ES. ES is more a delicate driver than the HD one. Its a little beast though. little over an 1in deep, should be fun in the car though. Careful on the crossover points though, from the little use I've used in a temp pod I think I like it at 1k hz and up. I'll be using it as my main tweeter with the drt-26 as my image one. I'll try and get pics up here as soon as i can get it off my Treo.

I would love for CDT to do an 8/3/1 set so badly.

Would be more logical than what they currently have including the new 2.

Lord knows that none of the existing sets have enough midbass.

Just my opinion, of course ;)

Lord knows that none of the existing sets have enough midbass.

Just my opinion, of course ;)

I can't live without it either.

you guys haven't tried the M6 driver then or the new ES drivers cmoing out. M6 has good amts of midbass and can even go into sub frequencies as long as your doors can handle it. They do have a 3in driver coming out also so we'll see how that is. 2in is a little beast and fun to use as a main tweeter in the kicks.

you guys haven't tried the M6 driver then or the new ES drivers cmoing out. M6 has good amts of midbass and can even go into sub frequencies as long as your doors can handle it. They do have a 3in driver coming out also so we'll see how that is. 2in is a little beast and fun to use as a main tweeter in the kicks.

Have you gotten ahold of the ES-06 or the 06+ or the M6+ yet? Just curious because I'm getting ready to rebuild my front stage and I'm just trying to decide on which of these I want and whether the ES series are worth the close to 2X price difference.

How low do you have the HD-2 crossed and at what slope?

Have you gotten ahold of the ES-06 or the 06+ or the M6+ yet? Just curious because I'm getting ready to rebuild my front stage and I'm just trying to decide on which of these I want and whether the ES series are worth the close to 2X price difference.

How low do you have the HD-2 crossed and at what slope?

no not yet but from talking to matt and ken about them and knowing how the M6 is they'll be quite nice. I believe also in the BMW that was at CES which i sent one of my friends to see since i had family crap to take care of it was quite nice. I don't think i'll be using the ES-06+ or m6+ due to install requirements. The M6 does enough midbass for me and after i work a little more on the doors I'm sure i'll cure the problems i have right now with the trim panel vibrating.

What do you have your HD-2 crossed at?

Indeed, but do realize I am an upright bass player and rather particular in that respect...oh, and my doors can indeed handle it.

What do you have your HD-2 crossed at?

i keep them around 1khz. I'm still playing around with them and haven't finished up the kickpanel to hold them. Have them in a small cup like pod right now.