ok well ive been banned at caraudio.com til the 16th, but that site is gay anyways cuase half the people over there are arsehos and flame just cuase they dont like my speakers, and you guys seem to answer my questions faster and without 20 pages of spam, so im gonna just questions over here from now on lol.

anyways, my 4 ma hk4000d's should be here soon, and im wondering what/how many batts, etc i need. i want to do 16v, but im not positive yet.

each amp will be ran @ 2 ohm, and its for music, i will *rarely* burp them. i want these amps to last and not break lol.

also, does anyone know if the little hk 2 ch amps can be run on 16v on music or not?

VJ

not sure about your question, but i think you made a wrong choice in mids ;)

74.jpg

and im wondering what/how many batts, etc i need.

The simple answer? Keep buying batteries until your wallet or suspension breaks, whatever comes first.

jim's pretty close actually. i'd actually recommend a blue top per 4000d, not too mention another one up front and a dual alternator setup. those things are current hungry, big time. they'll be more efficient at 16volts, but i'd still do a battery apiece.

as to the other hk, i'm not for sure. i'm pretty sure the hk4000ds need modded for 16, so if the little one can handle it, it'll need modded as well.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

eeeeeee :slayer:

well i can get the red turbostart 16v batts for DIRT cheap, cheap to the point that i can buy like 14 for about 400 bux...im not sure of the specs on those vs the blue top, i think the turbos are 650 cranking amps, not sure.

so you think 1 batt per would be good on music? vs like 4 batts per? lol

jim- my suspension wont break, i have airbags ;)

Whats up with the XXX-10k in your sig?

I seriousley think you should stick with a 12volt system. save yourself the trouble.....

I would do at least one Group31 size batter per amp, more if you can afford it.

nG

well i can get the red turbostart 16v batts for DIRT cheap, cheap to the point that i can buy like 14 for about 400 bux...im not sure of the specs on those vs the blue top, i think the turbos are 650 cranking amps, not sure.

so you think 1 batt per would be good on music? vs like 4 batts per? lol

jim- my suspension wont break, i have airbags ;)

Put it this way, there is no way in hell you can have to much of an electrical system. Overkill is your friend :)

I seriousley think you should stick with a 12volt system. save yourself the trouble.....

havent updated that lol.

nG- how do the red turbostart compare to a group 31 batt?

edit- i just looked on the site, i think the turbostarts are only group 24...but i can get them for 30 bux each used, and im pretty sure theyre in good condition...

Edited by pimpedout97x

if your set on going 16volt, and you can get the turbo's that cheap..go that route. and get all you can.

if you stay 12, get the blues, g31, and get as many as you can afford. at least one per amp, one under the hood.

and don't forget th dual alternators! no joking. if you go 16, one 12 for the car, one 16 strictly for the system. if you stay 12, dual 200-220 (anything bigger and you'll have to be at 3krpm to see any difference) for the entire setup.

and even airbags have a limit. even if you never approach theirs, you can exceed the axle's limits. don't forget that. the bags are only part of the suspension.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

if your set on going 16volt, and you can get the turbo's that cheap..go that route. and get all you can.

i think thats what ill do.

and don't forget th dual alternators! no joking. if you go 16, one 12 for the car, one 16 strictly for the system. if you stay 12, dual 200-220 (anything bigger and you'll have to be at 3krpm to see any difference) for the entire setup.

thats prally what ill do, one 12v and one 16v. ill prally upgrade my 12v too since ill have 6 2ch amps on the 12v lol!

and even airbags have a limit. even if you never approach theirs, you can exceed the axle's limits. don't forget that. the bags are only part of the suspension.

lol

definitely run a strong 12 volt one as. stay around 220. matter of fact, james is selling his irragi i believe. he's not competing with his mountaineer anymore, so he really has no use for the alternator. i'll holler at him and see hwat he wants for it if your interested.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

havent updated that lol.

nG- how do the red turbostart compare to a group 31 batt?

edit- i just looked on the site, i think the turbostarts are only group 24...but i can get them for 30 bux each used, and im pretty sure theyre in good condition...

I'd do two turbostarts compare to one G31.

It'll end up being even better I... than 1 G31.

nG

ya for 30 each, i think ill get at least 3 per MA, maybe 4...16 batts for 480 bux? cant beat that.

How much do those weigh a piece???

Your explorer is gonna be slow as chit with that much extra weight.

explroers arent meant to be fast...its not daily anyways...i randomly drive it whenever....so when i wanna jam, ill drive it...mostly i drive the mini tho...

with a wall with this much power, and airbags, and shaved handles (solenoids will prally go bad after a while of daily use) chit would break if i drove it daily...and its got 157k miles

james has a v6...

and greg mccool will argue about explorers meant for being slow! james will verify this as well, lol. greg's explorer is a 155db LEGAL daily driver (no wall), has close to 500hp on the ground and flat out flies down the road! of course the supercharged cobra motor doesn't hurt, lol.

i'll let ya know about the alternator later today.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: