Sign in to follow this  
Adrian_D

MT's

i'm finally going to have a soundstage in my room :woot:

i always cheat. .1$ / ft = cheap cuts. but i couldn't afford right now tools like the shop has :lol:

ignore the particle board. i had parts cut for some furniture.

IMG_0333-1.jpg

first time with the router. mid hole is a tiny bit too big. the tweeter fits perfect. i love my circle jig.

IMG_0394.jpg

diy terminals ftw ? still missing something, but it should be ready soon

IMG_0392.jpg

now all i have to do is sand the bondo and give it a test. working thursday and friday afternoons means painting is going to take a looong time. no pics of the actual build. getting all the tools on the table took more time than the actual assembly. i planned these boxes as temporary. i really want to try out some fg spheres. but i have no time right now to learn basic fiberglassing.

Nice start.

done :)

well, except painting. managed to position them nicely in the room. but i really need to build the spheres. basketball-size is perfect.

on to the pics :

enough sanding

IMG_0411.jpg

15$ sander is really helpful

IMG_0413.jpg

speakers installed. ca18rnx and some cheap-arse tweeeter. i plan on buying a small format tweeter in the future.

IMG_0418.jpg

"listening" room. i measured wrong the second tweeter hole. it's 3/4" too high :(

IMG_0419.jpg

that's all folks :)

Sweet. You don't really need small formats for those.

How do you like your CA18's?

the mids have ~10hrs playtime. even so, i really like the sound compared to the old setup. let's just say i hear things i've never heard before.

i've listened to a pair of old technics mt's just after i ordered the ca18's. the mt's didn't sound too good and i was afraid i made a wrong choice. atm, i'm happy. having a soundstage is killer

i need small format for the spheres. a basketball has the right volume and looks far less bulky than these boxes.

i think i'm going to pain them white. less obvious for people looking through the window.

the terminals ended up crooked because of my measurements :(

next on the purchase list : 4 wing-nuts and some 17w rezistors for the l-pad. the noob bought 0.5w rezistors :Doh:

I want to do that for my CPU speakers, maybe some Morell 22's and Mach5 MLI-65s with maybe a MAW-10 or SSA 10 for sub.