Sign in to follow this  
Casey1217

BL question

Hey i have a Q15 in a jeep grand cherokee in a 5 cubic ft box tuned to 40 htz and im powering it with a Digital Audio DAD1504 its putitn out 1500 watts at 1 ohm and i hit 143.3 at 39htz and im wanting to get it louder and im wanting to know if i went with a bl 15 ill go up in db and be able to use the same enclosure?

any advice on how to make the q louder or on a bl box or whatever please tell im hopin to order the bl soon if i decide to

Casey

The BL has more potential to be louder than the Q...

If your going for SPL numbers its mainly on you piddling with various box designs for your vehicle.

the guy i got the box design for my Q was specifically for my jeep so do you think it should do pretty good in that enclosure

No clue, only way to really know is test it :).

so you think that box that was specialized for my jeep would do good and if not try to make another?

Like nick said, you just have to try different designs. Why don't you take some pics and post them-maybe someone else w/ your vehicle could tell you their experience, but the best way is to try more designs. There can be hundreds of boxes made 'just for' a particular vehicle, all somewhat different yeilding different results. Just play w/ it.

Sign in to follow this