meistah

it's alive

Hahaha! I like the props to the squirrel.

That wouldn't happen to be a awd turbo car would it? :)

lol, i should make this a worklog....

but the rattling was bugging me, so i set about to eliminate it from the trunk...heres what i did

ok, so first i took off the plastic on the top of the hatch, allowing me to get at the screws holding the spoiler down...its funny because i thought the hydraulic arms on the trunk were shot cuz the hatch wouldnt stay up...but when i took the spoiler off it stayed up on its own, as you can see

P1050361.jpg

then i took off the spoiler...

P1050373.jpg

and

a bit of dirt under where it was, but not too much, and no rust, just like the rest of the car :)

P1050364.jpg

and

P1050365.jpg

now that its all off i set about to clean all the crap up

soapy water and a soft brush

P1050367.jpg

action shot, all that dusty crap is just pollen

P1050369.jpg

a nice soft cloth to dry it

P1050368.jpg

all better

P1050370.jpg

P1050371.jpg

P1050372.jpg

so after that i used some weatherstripping tape on all the spots where the spoiler touches the trunk...i was so into it i forgot to take pictures... haha.

spoiler slid on and screwed in nice and snug. After that i figured i might as well try to deaden the hatch abit more, so i stuffed all the exposed metal with household insulation, just as i did yesterday with the subbox, which i guess i should have mentioned before, :P. Then i put the plastic back in and tested it all out.

It sounds significantly better, much less rattling and more bass from the hatch...however now i can hear all the other ratting that i couldn't even hear before, so ill have to go about eliminating all those. But i definitely recommend this little project to anyone with a rattly hatched car...only expense was like 2 bucks for the weatherstripping, i just took the insulation from what we had leftover from building our house.

oh, the music wasnt actually distorting inside the car, thats just the mic on the cam cuz it was so freaking loud...didnt have it up all the way in this video as when i do the speakers distort (really need to get them amped to keep up with the subs) so the subs actually weren't going at full excursion or anything, but i think it still shows the difference in the rattling from the last clip

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/meista...=Movie_0001.flv