Ok eclipse 8053 just hooked up my BLA yesterday.

Sounds like a phasing issue to me. did you make your own cables? Is the Belle compatible with BL inputs?

I assume when you bypass it completely everything is fine?

Why are you using it anyways? Do you have noise issue you are trying to overcome by using balanced outputs?

I do have some noise issues though i'm 90% sure it'll be taken care of when i actually mount the amp and redo my ground.

I'm using it cause..i had it, got it with the HU. When i was running the system without the BLA it was fine. Also the BLA changes the output back to unbalanced (so essentially it's balanced from the HU to where ever you mount the BLA)

Did not make my own cables.

I got you. I didn't know the HU had balanced outputs. Well, if it were me, I'd sell the damn thing. I don't see the need with the HU already having 8V outputs. I can almost guarantee your noise is not related to the signal chain. I don't like adding unnecessary equipment either. Just asking for more potential problems to arise. But I do understand.

but but but balanced i get 16V :-D who needs a line driver

what amp likes 16v? The Belle is rated for 9 sure, but I sometimes wonder on those specs...

eh the amp still sees a max of 8V, they have to have balanced input to see 16V

I'm still determined to weed this problem out, not even cause i need the BLA, but because thats how i roll :-D

You know, I actually don't like to play into all this high voltage hoopla. All the different voltage potentials throughout that car is what makes noise. Add to that you have both AC and DC voltage and I just don't see how adding higher voltage will help at all.

I want to install my BLA, but I dont know if the ZEDs I want will take the voltage.

From what I've read the voltage doesn't change if you use the BLA, the actual adapter sees 16V but it converts it back down to 8V to the amp.

I think ryan is right about the phasing issue, i'm going to rip out the HU today and check all the wires in the back, make sure everything is labeled correctly and go from there. I'm just hoping i left enough slack in the RCAs to pull the HU out :-D

Ok so i started the real troubleshooting today. Problem is fixed, i'll describe what i did for anyone that might have the same problem (don't get your hopes up)

started by turning off all the preouts on the HU except the driver's tweet. Then made sure that the rca's were labeled correctly (by plugging into the belle). They were labeled correctly, so i plugged the passenger off and moved on. Did the same with the mids, they were correct. Go back to the HU and start turning on pre-outs. The mids were both correct. The pass tweet never came on though, turns out i've unplugged it while installing it (tested speaker leads at amp, open circuit)

Now the noise problems are all gone, everything working fine, i did notice a small increase in preout voltage, but nothing big. So the problem is one of two things,

#1 the wire that came loose on the tweeter is grounding out (still gotta pull it and fix it)

#2 something is messed up with the HU or BLA sub outs, could be something blown or labeled wrong, doesnt' matter since i don't care to run my sub balanced anyway.

but it started raining on me so i'm inside now.