Sign in to follow this  
trey4sports

2K RMS= BTL's or BL's ???

with 2K RMS should i go with a BL or a BTL ??? i hear most people run their BTL at like 4k rms or 3k rms and i would rather run a BTL if it wont be vastly underpowered....i was reading on the forum and i think it was tejcurrent who ran 2 18" BTL's off of 2 hifonics 2K RMS amps and hit right below 151. so if i ran 2k to a Bl would it get just as loud as 2k on a BTL ?

if u are going to run 1 sub get the btl's. if ur gonna run 2 subs get the bl's 2k might b to much for a bl

im running a pair of either 2 bl's or 2 btls. both would be fully loaded and recieve a total of 4k rms as a pair

are you competing with music or burps? are you competing at all? 2 BLs on 2000 watts is way loud for just a daily driver. just depends on what you want...

its all in the install. for instance this guy hit a 151 in a tahoe with two hifonics amps and chad lee couldnt get over 148 or so with two orion 2500s going to 2 BTLs in the backseat of an accord...

whoops, my bad...

tejcurrent's are 18"s and chad lee's are 15"s...

but still, theres a price to pay if you want 150s or hairtricks or whatever is next...

yeah the install is def huge in your numbers but i compared his setup to mine because they will be strikingly similar. same subs both around 15 cubes both are subs up port back and both 4k rms total

Yeah, that was my setup. Those hifonics amps were nice, and w/ 2krms I'd get the BTLs over again. Plus you have room to upgrade. Since then I've gone to 2 memphis 4ks, and that's what I really wanted to do in the long run. (not those amps in particular, but 4k each).

While the 2krms didn't push the btls to their full excursion or potential, they still got really loud. They took it all day w/out a single problem either.

My bro just got a 12" BL, he's using one of my bxi2006ds to power it, so by tomarrow I could tell you first hand how well it takes it.

Those amps are bang for the buck, they really push something for the price you pay, but yes, there is better out there.

That was 151.8 and I believe 151.3 on a 2 different brand new A/C meters on 2 different days, but that still is probably off from a t/l, there's no way to know for sure until I can drive to a few hours to a shop w/ a t/l. (or hopefully a comp).

Whether or not you ever plan to get more power, I think I'd still get the BTLs for 4krms on a daily basis-just less stress than maxing out the BLs, and who knows, a year from now you may have some $ laying around and want your system louder, then you have room to upgrade.

That's just my thoughts. Like I said, if you want I'll let you know how well the bl takes the 2krms tomarrow.

Good luck.

Actually heres a very short vid I made months ago that just shows the excursion on this thing. Very short clip about 16seconds, but it shows that 2kw really gets it moving a good bit. This is hypnotize by jeezy, the intro as soon as the bass drops:

[url="http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o7/alpinemayn/?action=view

Edited by tejcurrent

Yeah, that was my setup. Those hifonics amps were nice, and w/ 2krms I'd get the BTLs over again. Plus you have room to upgrade. Since then I've gone to 2 memphis 4ks, and that's what I really wanted to do in the long run. (not those amps in particular, but 4k each).

While the 2krms didn't push the btls to their full excursion or potential, they still got really loud. They took it all day w/out a single problem either.

My bro just got a 12" BL, he's using one of my bxi2006ds to power it, so by tomarrow I could tell you first hand how well it takes it.

Those amps are bang for the buck, they really push something for the price you pay, but yes, there is better out there.

That was 151.8 and I believe 151.3 on a 2 different brand new A/C meters on 2 different days, but that still is probably off from a t/l, there's no way to know for sure until I can drive to a few hours to a shop w/ a t/l. (or hopefully a comp).

Whether or not you ever plan to get more power, I think I'd still get the BTLs for 4krms on a daily basis-just less stress than maxing out the BLs, and who knows, a year from now you may have some $ laying around and want your system louder, then you have room to upgrade.

That's just my thoughts. Like I said, if you want I'll let you know how well the bl takes the 2krms tomarrow.

Good luck.

awesome man, if you dont mind go ahead and tell me how your bro's Bl does with 2K. thanks and you can either post on this link or catch me on aim TREY4SPORTS

Good luck.

awesome man, if you dont mind go ahead and tell me how your bro's Bl does with 2K. thanks and you can either post on this link or catch me on aim TREY4SPORTS

OK, hooked up my bros 12 in a 1.1ft^3 box tuned @ 32hz, sitting on the bench of his single cab truck. To say the least not the right size enclosure (while it's a great box, it isn't carpeted well and just not made for that sub). We'll be building a new one soon. The BL seemed right at home on that amp, while it is over-rated. I feel it had a bit of overhead to keep it clean. For a single 12 in about 1/2 the enclosure it needs it hit those lows with some authority! Much louder than the sealed kicker 12 in 1cube. He'll be joining the forum, he can post some more comments. I have a few pics of it (Craploads of movement), I'll post those late tonight.

Amazing sub.

I got the 2nd 4k on the other BTL today OMFG, my ears felt cottony 1/2 an hour later after just sticking my head in to grab the remote. Only 1 word to describe it: LOUD. The 2k really was amazing, but just that extra 4k made it retardedly loud.

I just love my BTLs so much, if $ isn't a concern, I'd get them. If you know you'll be sticking w/ 2000 each, get the BLs-just adjust your gains properly.

OK, hooked up my bros 12 in a 1.1ft^3 box tuned @ 32hz, sitting on the bench of his single cab truck. To say the least not the right size enclosure (while it's a great box, it isn't carpeted well and just not made for that sub). We'll be building a new one soon. The BL seemed right at home on that amp, while it is over-rated. I feel it had a bit of overhead to keep it clean. For a single 12 in about 1/2 the enclosure it needs it hit those lows with some authority! Much louder than the sealed kicker 12 in 1cube. He'll be joining the forum, he can post some more comments. I have a few pics of it (Craploads of movement), I'll post those late tonight.

Amazing sub.

I got the 2nd 4k on the other BTL today OMFG, my ears felt cottony 1/2 an hour later after just sticking my head in to grab the remote. Only 1 word to describe it: LOUD. The 2k really was amazing, bhttp://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/fing34.gif

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/s...lt/fing34.gifut just that extra 4k made it retardedly loud.

I just love my BTLs so much, if $ isn't a concern, I'd get them. If you know you'll be sticking w/ 2000 each, get the BLs-just adjust your gains properly.

BTL's it is :fing34:

Sign in to follow this