Sign in to follow this  
DosOne

Vid of my Q 15' & update with lots of PICS

Well on saturday it was such a nice day that I thougt Id work on my stuff, also the fact that my Fi shirt was coming got me in the mood! I was out to fix the fact that my box was above my window and the floor just looked like "poop" anyway. Heres what is was:

Notice how it sticks above the window like 3'

STA70257.jpg

box1.jpg

box2.jpg

STA71042.jpg

STA71043.jpg

So I touched everything for the first time since the night I put it all in, and got to see my Q out the box for the first time since the day it came. Also I took off the floor and all the crap that raised it up . Anyone who has had an S-10 know of the hump in the back. So I cut the feet down and screwed them to the box and "WOLA!" A little bit nicer looking box that sits at window level!

STA71060-1.jpg

STA71057.jpg

STA71059.jpg

STA71058.jpg

STA71062.jpg

STA71051.jpg

And Last of all After I was done, and i had my camera i decided to make a little vid it shows a little excurion, Its nothin special but when i am away from my house and have my camera ill make a real vid. (its hard to make one while sitting in the seat w/ all doors & windows close and turned around backwards in the seat)

th_DosOneexcursion.jpg

Also thankyou Scott for the Shirt and stickers there awsome I cant wait to wear it, also i excited to rep Fi from the sticerks as well. Thanks alot man!

Edited by DosOne

hey man sounds good you plan on runnin comps this year? cause im hopin to but ive heard these people sayin theyre hittin 148 with their Q15s and im not sure cause i cant get past 143.3 but i might try and build that box to fit in my jeep for AS1

looks nice. trying to talk my roommate into doing a 15" SSD in his sonoma but he doest think it will fit with his chair leaning all the way back.

looks nice tho.

yeah that hump is a pita. i did a false floor similar to what you had, and that is where i put the amps.........looking good :fing34:

Yea, if this wasnt my first build i would have compinsated for a false floor and made room for the amp. Its all about learning from your mistakes.

BTW if anyone has any solutions to securing the box I am welcome because that is my current prob. The box is much lighter now an tends to "DANCE"

Wes

looks alot like the box for my btl, what are the specs and hows it sound?

Its 4 cubes @ 30hz. Its sounds amazing, im my opinion "its perfect" it gets FECKING loud at my command and when its not, its being very accurate. lol

mines 4.5 at 34...

i wish i could get rid of the hump in the back of my ranger, my box sits above the window like yours did, but theres no way i cn fix it :(

I couldnt get the vid to work man

but i kinda had the same problem in my grand prix. Since its the last box ever goin into my car, i screwed the dancefloor to the floorpan where my back seat used to be and then screwed my box to the dancefloor. I wouldnt suggest that since its your first install and your going to want to upgrade later on (4 Q15s in a wall in you truck?). try velcro on the bottoms of the feet of your box to prevent sliding, and then maybe some brackets that extend from the box to the floormounts of the seats that would prevent it from moving up and down. looks sweet man, not alot of people start out with quality products like you have

AHHHhhhh... velcro. Thats a great Idea, That should be the easy/inexpensive answer im looking for. Ill put some on both parts where it touches the floor and on the back of the box. Thanks for the suggestion.

Hmmm...4 Q15's walled huh, how about powered by 2 RF T3000's? That sounds sexy.

Wes

Sign in to follow this