mrogowski

Next-Gen 18: IXL-18.4 Pre-Order

Since this driver was designed more for large vented and IB setups, going sealed would require a big honkin box. 5 cubes sealed would be a bare minimum (with heavy stuffing), and 7 cubes would make it "happy". You will get very good extension this way.

Not sure about SPL competitions, but I assume that you would probably want a peaky response from your sub at a certain frequency. Correct me if I'm wrong here...

If so, then aim for a Qtc of 1 (~3 cubes). This should give you a nice lump at ~60Hz.

Best,

Mark

Mark, thanks for the info. You say IB, now are we talking IB home and IB car. I really want to do IB in my comp car, I have around 20 cubic feet of rear space for the sub to vent into, now that is around the Vas of the this beast. Now correct me if I'm wrong I would need at least 3 times that to come close to a correctly setup IB sub system using this driver in a car/SUV.

Now I could vent them out side the car, that is another whole story. Man I just love the FS of this driver. IB with this thing most be crazy.

Edited by Here-I-Come

Yeah, 4-5 times the VAS of the driver for a "proper" IB. If you have 20 cubes you can do a Bass Reflex (EBS) and really rattle your brain. ;)

Best,

Mark

I know this is closed, but I'm abusing my mod powers here.

Mark, on the first page, you said the impedance might change to 2 ohms. I am just wondering if you could confirm the change or no change? Thanks!

I know this is closed, but I'm abusing my mod powers here.

Mark, on the first page, you said the impedance might change to 2 ohms. I am just wondering if you could confirm the change or no change? Thanks!

It was actually more of a potential option rather than a change. We'll see how things go - perhaps a 2 Ohm verison will be made available.

Sorry for the confusion..

m