ronrico418

FI sign in newbies too

Sign In

for anyone checking out FI from elders to newbies or newbie elders like myself. Let us know if you work for FI any affiliation, have FI products, or what you want from FI

Before I drop my own name I must give an elders first so I think the guy who earns that spot is Steave Meade and if you havn't checked out his site do it. www.*****.com Obviously he is an FI fan and Reppin that chit hard.

My name is "Joe Rod" and I'll be ordering 418's in the next week or two. Havn't decided on the SSD's or BL's yet but they will be in a bandpass enclosure of an 88 S10 Blazer

Let us know who else is out their Thanks JRod

Scott your the man!!!

I will be buying to 12" FI Q's in the coming months. I will be having each one hooked up to a SUNDOWN SAE 1000D. They will be in a vented box with 2.1CF per chamber tuned to 32 HZ........If I had the money I would get both right now. Still need about $120. Almost there.

I will be buying to 12" FI Q's in the coming months. I will be having each one hooked up to a SUNDOWN SAE 1000D. They will be in a vented box with 2.1CF per chamber tuned to 32 HZ........If I had the money I would get both right now. Still need about $120. Almost there.

It'll be worth the wait.

I know a lot of people that want something good, but they'd rather have it NOW, and throw their money to one of the chain stores package deals they can get cheap, settling for a lesser product. It's worth the wait to get quality.

Oh, and as far as the topic of the thread...

I've had many systems over the past 6-7 years. I've owned Alpine, Kicker, Kenwood, Pioneer, Concept, MTX, Memphis, and many other brands in between. I've been interested in car audio since high school, and been upgrading ever since. I purchased my first Fi BTL back in november or december of 06, can't remember, and I've been a happy customer ever since.

I now have 2 BTLs on 2 Memphis 4ks and the only way I could be happier is if I had more.

Edited by tejcurrent

Just a little 'heads up' as well..

It's not FI (eff eye)

It's Fi...as in Figh

The i is lower case...and in turn makes it short for 'fidelity' or 'high fi' etc etc yadda yadda /ramble.

I am getting a recone from them in the near future I do believe.

Beyond that my one buddy will be needing a sub in the future and an ssd would fit his bill well.I'd be buying and building the box for it.

tejcurrent -

What size are your BTL's?

How much is a Memphis 4K?

Thanks in advance, Joe Rod

It's not FI (eff eye)

It's Fi...as in Figh

The i is lower case...and in turn makes it short for 'fidelity' or 'high fi' etc etc yadda yadda /ramble.

Stang

When I first saw FI subs I looked at them and said probably the FI in HI-FI. I didn't know for sure - Thanks for clearing that up for me.

But if anybody asks what F I stands for I'll stick to eff eye for slang till something better comes along. :-) Thx again NDMustang65 for a quick response! Joe Rod

Edited by 418FIs

Hey guys, just joined last night.

So far my system consists of an Alpine head unit, 6.5" CDT comps powered by a DEI amp, and a Hifonics tx1505d to power the sub.

I will be getting a 10" Q, only problem is I don't have money for it right now. This really sucks because everything else is finished. I even made a box for the sub already, all I have to do is get the Q and drop it in for everything to be complete.

It's not FI (eff eye)

It's Fi...as in Figh

Stang

When I first saw FI subs I looked at them and said probably the FI in HI-FI. I didn't know for sure - Thanks for clearing that up for me.

But if anybody asks what F I stands for I'll stick to eff eye till something better comes along. :-) Joe Rod

NDMstang is Nick, he is part of the Fi team, so I'll trust what he says :)

I have 2 18" BTLs. I originally just thought I'd get 1 sub, but it was so good I got a second.

The Memphis 4ks:

4krms @1ohm 14.4v

2krms @2ohm 14.4v.

I believe the going price at the dealer is 1800 and change, but they can go lower. I got mine from a dealer for 1200 each w/ warranty yada yada. I knew a guy at the one shop who got fired who was gonna get them for me for about 1000 each (dealer cost is about 950). I'll post a few pics this afternoon/evening. Because it's so thin it fits in places many of the other amps would not, so that works out great too.

Edited by tejcurrent

I recently purchased a 12" Q powered by a hifonics 1206D at 1 ohm. its in a 2.87 cube box tuned (according to my cabin) to 25Hz. its in a 96 4 door blazer. up front i have dayton classic midbass, dayton reference midrange, audax tweets powered by a couple cheap amps (until i can afford a quality 6ch amp) and my crossover is an old PPI frx-456. HU is kenwood excelon kdx-589. using knukonceptz klarity kables for main RCA's and dayton audio rca's from the crossover to the amps. 1/0 wire all around, even big three.

i love my Q. it blends so well with the rest of the components. and so looooooooow

i have a 15" fully loaded BTL being powere by a modded ma audio hk4000d that i picked up from scottie. im still in the process of getting my install complete, just need to hook up the second batt and swap alternators. i havent gotten a chance to use it yet, but when i do im going to post in here for sure. you can tell its a well made product, and for the cost you cant beat it. im a Fi customer for life. im thinking about adding another 15 in the near future...

i have two 18" BLs powered with a concept cd2410. they are in a t-line enclosure designed by TTB and built by me. i love em... :)

im gonna give them more power down the road but im in no hurry. i want a t3000bd...

It's not FI (eff eye)

It's Fi...as in Figh

lol i was gonna make a thread on this topic....

Good to know.

Hi, I'm MJ, currently working on buying two 12" Q's and two Sundown Sae 1000D's.

Currently educating the world, one listener at a time.

My first 18" BTL should be here Sat. or Mon. I've got to wait another week or so until I can find someone to take the Solo X18 off my hands to get the other BTL. I'll eventually have 2 BTL18's in a 13 cu. ft. wall @ 33hz powered by 2 Concept CD-2410's. The box is finished. Just need to put it in, cut the trim pieces to give it that molded look, and seal it off. I wish I had a camera so I could post a build log. Oh well. :ughdunno:

hey all, no car for me yet but im installing a bl(ordering friday next week or monday) for my brother. when i purchase a car im going to be getting a bl also, but a few diffences...well thanks and this site is full of helpful info

I ordered a Q12 in late Aug...so can I call myself on Fi OG?

I loved my Q12 for the next 6 weeks and then I deployed to Iraq. I am anxiously waiting to get back home to feel bass again.

I have officially decided to go with 4 FI Q 18's in my truck and 1 15" FI BTL in my town car. Special thanks to Shawn Fleming for his guidance and a cool attitude. Look forward to meeting you soon. Now if just everyone could own an FI sub wouldn't the world be a happier place!

Well hello all!

Just thought id chime in and say hello, im a relative n00b to all you people ;) lol And im definately not loud :( I'm using a single BTL 18 and only doing a 155.3 in Prostock 601-1800, but wait till i get my other two amps ;) hehehehehe

As for 4kw's i sold one for $650 shipped a week ago :P Now im running a pair of Sundown SAZ-1500d's which are uy far the most solid amps ive ever run - just as a comparison i burped my 4kw @ .5 ohm and my pair of 1500's at .5 strapped (.25 per amp) and my 1500's are almost a full db louder than the 4kw :) O yea and I did a 153.0 in Streetbeat with the pair of 1500's strapped at 2 ohms (how i run them daily)

for everyone that doesnt know me, I do R and D, and Tech Support for Fi Car Audio. Im based just out of Gainesville , FL, I have been competing since 99, 2000 was my first year making Db Drag world finals, and our team took 3rd in SS 5-8, and it went down hill, errr I mean got better from there. Bassrace is my new passion, I have built a ton of big bassracers over the past few years, as many of you have seen the transformations that I have done in pipos truck over the past few years.

I currently have 8 BTL 15's with 8 Kicker 2500d's, 3 Kicker 350.2's, 16 Kinetik 2400's, 6pr of Kicker RS 652's, a pretty teal 97 astro, with xenon body kit, 20" Rozzi wheels, Dunlop SP9000 255/35/20's, all kicker hyperflex wiring, fuses, rca's, viper 791xv alarm, rallisport black leather racing seats, Clarion 845MC headunit, factory alt (until my powermasters come in), and Second Skin Damplifier Pro Sounddeadener. Im not too much concerned on the numbers the van does, b/c Im tuned SSSSSSSOOOOOO low, as long as its mid 150's, but yet I can do like in daytona, and bring it around to my pitstall, open the doors and hammer down for 30 mins at a time demoing any music anybody wants to hear. The van is tuned at 32.5 hz, so it will reproduce just about anything any CD has on it, with no risk of anything break b/c going too far below tuning, or sounding bad.

Joe its good to talk to you too bud, and Im glad I could help you out with your decision. If you ever need anything like I told you, dont hesitate to ask.

i just signed up to the site. after my bday next thursday im orderin an 18'' bl and staring at it for a little less than a year until i can get the box built the zx1500.1 and my blazer xtreme :]

bought my 15Q after christmas :o still havent stopped hearing "how many 15's you got??" :P i love it. been havin fun around my neighborhood killing everyones system :P im waiting for someone in my area to be louder so it will make me get another sub :P but havent found them yet... biggest person i have beat was a guy with 3 15" cvr's.. was very excited about that :P but anyways ya im new to car audio but im deep into it already... about to upgrade my electrical and make my sub wang even more :)... oh ya where can i get a big FI sticker for my car??? cuz i think they look sexy like my sub...

bassbumper, send me an email at shawn@ficaraudio.com and I will send you the file with the Fi logo, and you can take it to any sign or vinyl shop, and they can make it any size or color you want.