Sign in to follow this  
BryanTheCEO

Box Question for Q15's

As some of you are aware, I have a pair of Q15's sealed in a 4.4ft^3 enclosure. I had to build the box ackwardly to make it fit in a G35(sedan) trunk. I enjoy competing at local comps, but want to see if I can increase my output. I am pretty steady with hitting ~148db at the dash. My question for you box gurus is with the given specs of my sealed box only being 4.4ft^3 would I still get an output increase if I added a pair of external 4" aero ports (actually just pvc) and how long should they be to tune to ~34hz?

Specs again:

Sealed 4.4ft^3

(2) Q15's

Desired tuning approx. 34hz using (2) 4" round ports

What length?

would that be 4.4 cu^3 each or for both. If for both, doesnt 4.4cu^3 is a little bit smaller for ported.

would that be 4.4 cu^3 each or for both. If for both, doesnt 4.4cu^3 is a little bit smaller for ported.

Yes, 4.4 is for both. That is why I am skeptical. I know normally I would need more internal volume. That is why I am asking. I would make the ports so I can plug them for daily.

OK... yes you will gain from about 30 Hz to about 75 Hz... But its not night and day (a 4 dB peak at 54 Hz rolling off on either side) and you wont be as loud below 30 Hz as the sealed enclosure (youll need to set the subsonic around 30Hz). This will be louder if you bassrace and play some of the more popular high 40s low 50s songs... youll gain 3-4 dB... but at the expense of the overall sound. Easy enought to try it and make a block off plate to go back to sealed for daily.

Looking to be about 8" center sections (10" port, but you usually gain a little length on either end with the flares).

Oh, I did get your email and we will have to see what we can do for that as well. :)

Thanks,

Scott

Sign in to follow this