Sign in to follow this  
jay

SI 12, RE xxx, JL W7

I think I will build a nice sealed box, then go play around with different order bandpass boxes. at least I have plenty of saws and woodbuilding tools around since we are building our cabin bigger ;)

and I'm definetly going for 2 amps and 2 subs :) thanks for the input on this thread guys, really appriciate it.

the lanzar here and the sony 1502sx amp is about the same price as you have for 1 si magnum 12 and a hifonics 1500, I'm going on a vacation, so can't go wrong with bringing 2 sets. I could sell them and still make lots of money ;)

Can't wait to place the order and take the trip! :) summermusic is safe at last ;)

Yeah get 2. I mean the Mag 15" ported is just right for me in teh SPL department and I'm not near the basshead most of the guys are around here. I mean i bet a single 12 ported would rival just about any other for ouput (besides some straight SPL subs), but 2 would make you wet your pants with 2000w. I think 1 would make you happy and you'd love it for a while but I bet you'd get an ich for another one :D Might as well do the enclosure once instead of having to build another later if you decide to get another one. Hell they are cheap as hell why not :) YOu could only get like 1 MTx 9500, or JL 12w7 sub for the price of 2 MAGGIES! and those don't sound as good nor do they get as loud even compared to 1 maggy ;)

but with 1500w, you won't even get 2 xxx 12's even close to full potential. From what I've heard, i'd take everyones advice and get more power than 1500w for a pair of those.

1500w rms for EACH ONE :)

each one of the mags is getting a brand spankin new hifonics brutus 1500 class D hooked up to a 5 farad stinger, and a 200 amp dynamo.

I think I will build a nice sealed box, then go play around with different order bandpass boxes. at least I have plenty of saws and woodbuilding tools around since we are building our cabin bigger ;)

Unless you know exactly what you are doing while building and tuning that bandpass, you will basically be fumbling around in the dark and wastinga lot of wood in the process. It's not just the port lengths that you have to mess with it is the size of the chambers as well. If you don't know what you are doing, you can do some pretty serious damage to the subs and not have any clue that you are doing it. The normal signs of a distressed sub (cracking, rattling, etc...) are masked by the enclosure. It really isn't worth it.

Port the mag 12, lets just say I got bored and built a ported box, and it was :slayer: