Sign in to follow this  
allConfused

302's mounting question.

im working on a stealth install. so hewres my situation, the way im doing my doors is im taking off the carpet, mounting the speaker and puting the capret back over. it was designed for midbass aplicatuions becuase carpet shouldnt harm like 80-300 herts to much but hows it going to effect the upper midrange of the 302's if i buy them>?

If it's acoustically transparent carpet you won't have a problem. If you're covering it with std. carpet that's used for covering subwoofer boxes you can kiss your midrange goodbye. And on that note, are you building door pods or are you talking about your stock door pannel?

im cutting a hoole in my door and sticking them in there hehe. where can i get that acoustically transparent carpet?

would i need that special caprpet for midbass only?

hmmm that gave me an idea. im working on putting a stealth system together( or making my current one stealth) and kickpannels is only thing that killing me. maybe i can glue that acoustic carpet around the area my kickpannels are in sucka way to conceal them and make it look almost stock. likes its just a wall. its gunna take a long but time to get it to look that way but hey its all worth it. no matter how stealth your stuff is if thiefs see a custom kickpannels there gunaa jump right on that car.