--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi had i bought a 15" ava and i was just wondering what the displacemnt of the sub is and what sized ported box i should put it in thanks!

how big can you fit? displacement is about .1 cubes

i'd make it as big as possible then

If that's what's recommended, that's what recommended...

There is no "best box", only a best choice for you based on what you want to do with it.

3.5cF @ 30Hz is a good starting point, you can go from there if you find you prefer one side of the spectrum more than the other - if you like a more balanced approach or just want more volume.

And it's "what".

well im not sure wat the best box is...chad can you help me out

Eventuallly we will post all of the information about our older drivers on the website including specs and rec. boxes. I apologize for that information not already being there.

If I remember correctly the recommended Avalanche 15 ported box for car was 3.5 cubic feet tuned to 28 Hz. I will double check later to make sure I am correct.

That being said, you can adjust the tuning to change the output/character of the sound. Tune it a little higher and it will definitely get louder. The 28 Hz tuning will give you fantastic lows, and that is what most people love about the Avalanche. It just comes down to what you want. :)

Chad Kuypers

Ascendant Audio

Youngstunna, your really going to enjoy this sub! I wish they were NEVER discontinued!

Personally, after using HaVocs, I don't think I'll ever use my Avalanches again.

well im not sure wat the best box is...chad can you help me out

If I remember correctly the recommended Avalanche 15 ported box for car was 3.5 cubic feet tuned to 28 Hz. I will double check later to make sure I am correct.

That being said, you can adjust the tuning to change the output/character of the sound. Tune it a little higher and it will definitely get louder. The 28 Hz tuning will give you fantastic lows, and that is what most people love about the Avalanche. It just comes down to what you want. :)

Chad Kuypers

Ascendant Audio

i ended up going with 4cuft. @28hz in my sonoma. it gets pretty loud and drops REALY low. :OhYeah:

-rob

well i want it to be loud and sound good...i dont think sealed would be enough output for me....how is the top end though? And how much port area should I have?

top end...i really hope it's not important to you since it has xbl and is a 15

60Hz is optimistic for those, unless you have really well-sealed doors and lots of deadening...:)

even then they will have already rolled off a ton which completely ruins my favorite part of any mid

Youngstunna, your really going to enjoy this sub! I wish they were NEVER discontinued!

Personally, after using HaVocs, I don't think I'll ever use my Avalanches again.

What do you like so much better about the Havocs?

What do you like so much better about the Havocs?

There isn't an audible difference in how low they drop. They sound just as good, but get louder all around... way louder.

Distortion is more noticeable though when it happens ( with the amps I am no longer running). Which is a que to back off the volume. I haven't been able to push them realy far with the new amp because I have a voltage drop problem.

Edited by Duke

I normally recommend 12-16 sqin of port per cuft of enclosure volume.

Thanks...

Scott

is the ava capable of IB? if so how does it perform?

Yes. I can't find it, but there was a guy who used his attic for the enclosure and had 4 Avalanche 18s firing through a hole in the ceiling into his home theatre room. They like big enclosures. At least the 18s do.

is the ava capable of IB? if so how does it perform?

Yes. I can't find it, but there was a guy who used his attic for the enclosure and had 4 Avalanche 18s firing through a hole in the ceiling into his home theatre room. They like big enclosures. At least the 18s do.

That was (is) me.

Carl

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/cecaa850/